Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Cataloging your collection

How do you guys catalog your collections? Currently Im using CLZ comics but Im looking for something that is compatible with my phone as well as my PC. Any suggestions or links would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Thank You!

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    I used a website called My Comics Pal for a little while about a decade ago but found it too tedious to keep up with. I think the site is gone these days.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    CLZ has an app as well for phones. You'd have to double dip with the cost between apps and the PC/Mac versions, but I've been using it and I bought a five year plan for the web a few months ago. It's nice to have it all I one place. With the web plan I can also use it on any computer, I just have to log in. I have seen much out there that compares.
  • Options
    I have it on my phone currently and I like it I just dont want to pay for it twice.
  • Options
    FlagwaverFlagwaver Posts: 140
    I use the CLZ PC software and the app on my Touch and find them invaluable. So, you have the phone app and not the PC software? Honestly, I think it would be worth the price to double dip because I've not seen anything else that can compare. They've made improvements in the past few months to make keeping your collection synched between the PC software, mobile app and cloud very easy. I run IOS 6.1 on my touch and it takes thirty to forty-five minutes to synch it with the cloud. I run the latest IOS on my iPad mini and it takes about 5 minutes. Again, I highly recommend shelling out the dough because you'd probably have to buy another app and software anyway and you already have half of it now.
  • Options
    Yes I have the App on my Iphone. So it sounds like they have made some improvements then i beileve last time I checked on the PC version it wouldnt sync with the Iphone app. I think Ill have to check into it again. Whats the price tag for the PC version? and does it update for free for life like the iphone app?
    Thanks flagwaver for the insight.... Hope your waving the American flag!
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    From Collecterz.com:

Comic Book Collector Standard $29.95
    Comic Book Collector Pro $49.95

They also have a service called Comic Connect. Instead of having the program on your computer, it is a cloud-based and accessible by any computer with an internet connection. You can also choose to make your collection public (I'm assuming if you are looking to buy/sell/trade). This service includes all of the software upgrades. I think I got mine for $80 for four years. Also, I believe the standalone program is only limited to your home (or main) computer and you also get limited upgrades--smaller upgrades are included, but if they do a major overhaul, you will have to pay for the program again (think Word 3.0 vs. Word 7 vs. Word 2011, etc.).
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    I still love ComicbookDB.com.
    But I'm not all that into Cataloging my collection.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Hex said:

Comic book DB I think that may be what My Comic Pile turned into! That sounds familiar
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    random73 said:

Hex said:

Comic book DB I think that may be what My Comic Pile turned into! That sounds familiar
    MyComicPile became ComicBookRealm. It's not the best interface but it's free and it accesses from my phone.
  • Options
    Hex said:

I want to keep a catalog of them so whenever Im out shopping for some new books I can always double check what I have, and what I need to fill to complete that collection. Thats why I like CLZ Comics I can click on any series I have collected and at the top it will give me a run down like Have:1-13, 15,16, 18-33, etc...