Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

ABC orders Mockingbird pilot "Marvel's Most Wanted"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/20/marvels-mockingbird-gets-pilot-order-with-adrianne-palicki-starring-in-marvels-most-wanted

ABC is preparing to order a pilot for a Mockingbird spin-off starring Adrianne Palicki’s Bobbi Morse character from Agents of Shield.

Variety has the news on the project. In April we had heard that the network was working on a spin-off featuring Bobbi Morse and her occasional paramour/frequent partner in espionage Lance Hunter (as played by Nick Blood). But by the following month, word came that the project was not moving ahead.

But now Mockingbird and Hunter are back on track, with the proposed series being called Marvel’s Most Wanted. Shield producers Jeff Bell and Paul Zbyszewski co-created the project for Marvel and ABC Studios and co-wrote the pilot. They’ll also be showrunners and executive-producers. Marvel’s head of television Jeph Loeb will also exec-produce.

“Insiders say the series is not a spinoff, per se, but rather an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters to continue their story,” says Variety. “Though plot details are scarce at this point, Marvel’s Most Wanted will follow the pair and their adventures together.”

There’s no word yet on how or when the show might debut or be introduced via Agents of Shield -- assuming it even goes to series.

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited August 2015
    Sorry- this is total TV nerd talk on my part, but- regarding the thread title, I wouldn't say they have greenlit a series. They have ordered a pilot, and that's not nothing. But there is no guarantee yet this goes to a series order.
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarification. Changed it.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    David_D said:

Sorry- this is total TV nerd talk on my part, but- regarding the thread title, I wouldn't say they have greenlit a series. They have ordered a pilot, and that's not nothing. But there is no guarantee yet this goes to a series order.

Speaking of which, the "DC Workplace Comedy" thread still has its inaccurate title.
  • Options
    I'm really torn on this.

Mockingbird & Hunter really perked things up on SHIELD, but an additional hour a week of MCU and more time with these fun characters does sound good.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    This could be the equivalent of getting a Widow and Hawkeye show on TV.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

That would kill the little bit of interest I have with this series. It's what keeps me away from Arrow; if I want to watch Batman, I'll watch Batman.

Substituting characters that serve the same purpose as the headliners is just a turn off.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

That would kill the little bit of interest I have with this series. It's what keeps me away from Arrow; if I want to watch Batman, I'll watch Batman.

Substituting characters that serve the same purpose as the headliners is just a turn off.

M
    I admire your idealism.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Mmmmmmm nah not nec. Those two have been alright on shield but this seems way overkill. Nothing about this is nec or worthy imo.
  • Options
    Thank you..

Just thank you, @WetRats

I laughed out loud and I needed that today..
  • Options

Thank you..

Just thank you, @WetRats

I laughed out loud and I needed that today..

And I needed that.

Thanks back.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    That's cool. I like her character a lot. I just wish they could cover up the beauty mark in the center of her eyebrows. It's super distracting and makes me feel selfish all the time
  • Options
    Planeis said:

That's cool. I like her character a lot. I just wish they could cover up the beauty mark in the center of her eyebrows. It's super distracting and makes me feel selfish all the time

OK.

I'll bite.

Why does her mole make you feel selfish?
  • Options
    Because it's super distracting and then I think "good lord you're an ass. She's pretty dog gone good looking and you're focused on some tiny mole. Jerk!" And then I think "but it's right in the center of her eyebrows!" And then I think "oh my god you're the worst person in the world!"
  • Options
    Planeis said:

Because it's super distracting and then I think "good lord you're an ass. She's pretty dog gone good looking and you're focused on some tiny mole. Jerk!" And then I think "but it's right in the center of her eyebrows!" And then I think "oh my god you're the worst person in the world!"

OK.

Gotcha.

I think "shallow" would be a better word than "selfish".

;)

For the record, I think "pretty doggone good-looking" is an understatement, and that her mole is magnificent.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Planeis said:

OK.

Gotcha.

;)

For the record, I think "pretty doggone good-looking" is an understatement, and that her mole is magnificent.
    Someone shallow wouldn't be this self aware.... Duuuuh
  • Options
    Planeis said:

WetRats said:

Planeis said:

OK.

Gotcha.

;)

Someone shallow wouldn't be this self aware.... Duuuuh
    Point.

Guilty, perhaps?
  • Options
    Anyway. I do like her character a lot, but it might be better if it stays in the SHIELD show. There's already 3 TV shows for Marvel.

I don't know. What are the ratings like for the two ABC shows? I've only ever watched Shield on Netflix.
  • Options
    Planeis said:

Anyway. I do like her character a lot, but it might be better if it stays in the SHIELD show. There's already 3 TV shows for Marvel.

I don't know. What are the ratings like for the two ABC shows? I've only ever watched Shield on Netflix.

Ratings have become so complex, I'm not sure anyone really knows.

The main reason I see for spinning her off is that her ass-kickiness is so much more convincing than Skye's Daisy's ass-kickiness that she diverts focus from what is supposed to me the main thread of the series.
  • Options
    Planeis said:

Isn't that kind of misleading? AoS & Agent Carter don't air in tandem. 2 shows, yes, but they occupy the same network, day of the week & timeslot.

DD is on Netflix, so its exclusive to the subscriber's availability.

Although I'm intrigued by the notion of a Morse series (notice Marvel's 3 network shows have strong portrayals of females), the character* would be the only reason I'd watch AoS. Without her, the show would look to be generic characters again.

M

* there's chatter here about the actress' appearance, but for my 2 cents she's average looking. My interest in this series would be more about the Morse character; head, shoulders, chest, & waist above the actress' appearance
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Planeis said:

Ratings have become so complex, I'm not sure anyone really knows.

The main reason I see for spinning her off is that her ass-kickiness is so much more convincing than Skye's Daisy's ass-kickiness that she diverts focus from what is supposed to me the main thread of the series.
    Funny you mention Skye. I like her character but I'm still working through season 2. Just watched an episode where she royally owns some dude and I'm like "Reallly. Sure she's been training, but this agent she just crushed has likely been doing this quite a bit longer, and is wearing armor."

It's TV, so whatever. But not every character can/has to be a total badass. The first season it was pretty clear that the only true people who could throw down the gauntlet were May and Ward. Now, every other character can. May, Skye, Barbera, Hunter, Mac, Coulson, etc etc etc
  • Options
    Matt said:

* there's chatter here about the actress' appearance, but for my 2 cents she's average looking. My interest in this series would be more about the Morse character; head, shoulders, chest, & waist above the actress' appearance

Hmmm...

I'm cross-filing this with your past mentions of keeping up with some stories on Wikipedia rather than watching/reading them.

Would you say you consider the visual aspects of comic books and television/movies of significantly less importance than pure plot and characterization?
  • Options
    Planeis said:

Funny you mention Skye. I like her character but I'm still working through season 2. Just watched an episode where she royally owns some dude and I'm like "Reallly. Sure she's been training, but this agent she just crushed has likely been doing this quite a bit longer, and is wearing armor."

Oh yeah.

Huge suspension of disbelief required.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

Hmmm...

I'm cross-filing this with your past mentions of keeping up with some stories on Wikipedia rather than watching/reading them.

Would you say you consider the visual aspects of comic books and television/movies of significantly less importance than pure plot and characterization?
    I have read storyline a with Morse. She caused the initial split of the West Coast Avengers. I enjoyed the dark side to her character. Barton once cheated the villain who pitting the Avengers & WCA against each other. This was to the chagrin of Cap. Despite this, even Barton had issues with Morse's secret.

M
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Planeis said:

Oh yeah.

I take it back. Good lord. I just watched Skye take out 7 dudes, without using anything except her fists and bullets. I have no doubt that she'll be conquering nations soon.
  • Options
    Planeis said:

WetRats said:

Planeis said:

Oh yeah.

I take it back. Good lord. I just watched Skye take out 7 dudes, without using anything except her fists and bullets. I have no doubt that she'll be conquering nations soon.
    Despite the unlikelihood of her getting that badass, it was a fantastic bit of fight choreography.