Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Comic Cons 2016 | Which Ones to Attend?

http://www.popculthq.com/2015/11/25/want-to-attend-a-convention-here-is-the-complete-2016-con-list/

Anyone making plans to attend one of these conventions?

Any that people should consider steering clear of? Why?

Comments

• Options
    I'll be going to WonderCon, Heroes Con, my first CCI:SD in many years, and NYCC—that I know of so far.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    I am planning on going to the Denver Con.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I exhibit at Phoenix Comicon every year, hawking my wares. It's a really well-run convention with enough to satisfy any type of fandom or what you're looking for.

I'll (hopefully) be returning to San Diego this year, but I go to that one as a fanboy.
  • Options
    NYCC for sure. Probably the NYCBM and WinterCon, too. Would like to try San Diego some year, but probably not this one.
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    I just registered for the Silicon Valley Comic Con
  • Options
    Went to Tampa this year. Pretty big, especially considering the price (can't remember if I found a groupon). It poured rain this year and there was still a lot of people, with a high percentage of cosplayers. I'm not necessarily big on it, but it makes walking around more interesting.
  • Options
    Heroes Con and Baltimore Comic Con are both great mainstream shows that I'm planning to attend in 2016

Small Press Expo will probably be my one indie comic show for the year

lots of interesting panel discussions at all three of these shows
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Denver Comic Con again in June--it's become more of a Father's Day tradition. My school will have a table there again, so I'll get into the con before everyone else, work the morning shift, and then get to explore/shop the rest of the afternoon/evening.

Just looking at the list of conventions, one can see how bloated the calendar has become. It's frustrating to see so many other cons on the date of a local convention. I look at it as fewer guests that will be willing to make it to Denver. Heck, Stan Lee cancelled three years ago, and I found out later he opted to attend a WizardWorld that same weekend instead. DCC was the third largest attended convention last year behind SDCC and NYCC.

There's also Rocky Mountain Con in November. I wanted to go this past year, but got sick that weekend and wouldn't have had much fun. I heard it's a fun little con, and they even had some new hack named George Perez there.
  • Options
    I will be doing Joelanta, Lexington comic and toy con, Indiana Comic Con, and Heroescon.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited March 2016
    WonderCon is in two weeks. I'll be in Booth 1612, within the DC/Boom!/IDW Triangle. Anybody else going?