Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mad Max: Fury Road

2»

Comments

• Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I think it's fantastic and more than deserves to ride in Vallhalla shiny and chrome
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited January 2016
    DAR said:

I think it's fantastic and more than deserves to ride in Vallhalla shiny and chrome

+1

Well played, sir. Well played, indeed.

• Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457

batlaw said:

It was just nominated for an Oscar for Best Pic.

Still can't wrap my head around that. Even though I'm impressed and pleased such a movie is even considered.
    I'm with ya. I don't get it. Was a very enjoyable popcorn flick, but that's it. Seems to me the studio decided to create this Oscar buzz out of thin air and it became a self-fulfilling prophesy, with all those lemmings in Hollywood just goign along with it.
    Look at some past winners of Best Picture and the nomination of Fury Road is more surprising and refreshing than the notion of lemmings. How often is a genre, pulpy action vehicle nominated? More often it is the bio-pic or historical piece, ready made for nomination. Fury Road 's nomination is an accomplishment not a fore gone conclusion
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Mad Max: Fury Road was one of the most visually stunning films of 2015, but what might be the most incredible thing about its visuals is that they’re just as awesome without the special effects of the final cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfm4gvxNW_o

Thanks to a heroic soul who compiled the real footage shot on the set of the film, you can see the film, stunts and all, sans any CGI and the results are mindblowingly amazing.
  • Options
    I couldn't even finish watching it. Total camp mixed with Burning Man fantasies. No thanks.