Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

HeroesCon 2016

Hey! I'm heading East to attend HeroesCon for the first time, and I wanted to see who else might be going and to find out what I should know about and do at the con.

Also, are there any listeners of the Longbox Review podcast going? I'd love to say hi!

Eric

Comments

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I've done Heroes every year since 2000, and it's my favorite show of the year. It's an art-centric show. Nearly half the floor space is given to Artists Alley, and there are tons of great artists, both mainstream and indie, in attendance every year. But there are also more comic dealers set up there than at any other show I go to—and I go to a lot of big shows. You'll find tons of cheap back issues, lots of high-end stuff, and everything in between. There’s a stage in the middle of the floor where artists will be working on their pieces for Saturday night’s auction (also a fun though quite crowded event). There are usually a number of interesting panels going on as well. Basically, it has everything you could want from a comic show. And this isn't a pop culture show, it’s a comic show.

Basically, whatever you decide to do at the show, you won't go wrong. Just have fun and soak in the good comic vibes.
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    I echo all of what @nweathington said. The creators are plentiful and pretty easily accessible, the back issue shopping is incredibile, and they have some really cool panels too. Just a great comic centric show. I look forward to it every year and @Adam_Murdough and I will be making the trek down again next month.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Pants said:

I look forward to it every year and @Adam_Murdough and I will be making the trek down again next month.

And I look forward to seeing you both there. Maybe we can grab dinner again this year.
  • Options
    qayneqayne Posts: 8
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, I was also wondering if there were any kind of get together plans with anyone, or if people wanted to plan something.