Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

October Solicitations Are Out (August Previews) | What Looks Good?

Local comic shoppers, tighten up your pull-lists. Early birds, prepare to place your pre-orders here: DCBService.com. Online orders for August should begin around 8/5/16. That's about two weeks, so plenty of time to mull over your selections.

+++++++++++++

Check out the following links:

+ 451 Media Group
+ AC Comics
+ Aftershock Comics
+ American Gothic Press
+ American Mythology
+ Amigo Comics
+ Archie Comics
+ Aspen Comics
+ Avatar Press
+ Bongo Comics
+ BOOM! Studios
+ Chapterhouse Comics
+ Darby Pop Publishing
+ Dark Circle Comics
+ Dark Horse Comics
+ DC Comics
+ Devil's Due/1First Comics
+ Dynamite Entertainment
+ IDW Publishing
+ Image Comics
+ Marvel Comics
+ Moonstone Comics
+ Oni Press
+ SpaceGoat Productions
+ Titan Comics
+ Valiant Comics
+ Vertigo Comics
+ Z2 Comics

++++++++

I get most of these solicits from FirstComicsNews.com, ComicBookResources.com, ComicList.com, ConstantCollectible.com or ComicsContinuum.com

So what's going in your shopping cart?

P.S. Final day to edit your July DCBS order is 7/27/16

Comments

• David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    Finally, finally Marvel is giving us the 5 issue Enchanted Tiki Room miniseries we've demanded.

I hope a Carousel of Progress OGN is not far behind.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    A few items that pique my interest upon first review are:

Kiss #1 (Dynamite)
    Big Trouble in Little China / Escape from New York #1 (BOOM!)
    Conan Omnibus Volume 1: Birth of the Legend TPB (Dark Horse)
    He Man & Thundercats #1 (DC)
    The Lost Boys #1 (Vertigo)
    Cage #1 (Marvel)
    Man-Thing Complete Steve Gerber V2 (Marvel)
    Jim Starlin Captain Marvel TPB (Marvel)

I'm sure there are others as well. Just need to review a bit slower, maybe listen to the next CGS Previews episode.
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Two new books pop out to me here...

Reborn - Millar and Capullo. In!!!
    Bloodshot U.S.A - all of Nee York infected with a Bloodshot type infection. In!!!

Thanks again for doing this @bralinator, a great help putting order together every month.
    luke52 said:

Two new books pop out to me here...

Reborn - Millar and Capullo. In!!!
    Bloodshot U.S.A - all of Nee York infected with a Bloodshot type infection. In!!!

Thanks again for doing this @bralinator, a great help putting order together every month.

Happy to help! This list doesn't cover all the available solicits, but feel free to add any solicitation links you guys find that I've overlooked. This thread is no substitute for perusing the catalogue itself.

Marvel solicitation link has been updated
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Marvel a couple of months ago, solicited an Epic Collection for the first 21 issues of Daredevil which will be in my next DCBS box.

In the solicits released today, there is a Daredevil Omnibus with the first 41 issues.

Nice try Marvel but no thanks. If you would have put the omnibus out first, you would have got more money out of me (and probably more people like me). I will just wait for the Epic Collection with issues 22-41 or do without.

edited July 2016
    The star of the month for me is the start of a new Azzarello/Risso series, at Image:

MOONSHINE #1
    AUG160556
    (W) Azzarello
    (A/CA) Eduardo Risso
    Set during Prohibition, and deep in the backwoods of Appalachia, MOONSHINE #1 tells the story of Lou Pirlo, a city-slick “torpedo” sent from New York City to negotiate a deal with the best moonshiner in West Virginia, one Hiram Holt. What Lou doesn’t figure on is that Holt is just as cunning and ruthless as any NYC crime boss. Because not only will Holt do anything to protect his illicit booze operation, he’ll stop at nothing to protect a much darker family secret…a bloody, supernatural secret that must never see the light of day… or better still, the light of the full moon.
    MOONSHINE #1 marks the first time AZZARELLO and RISSO have worked together for Image Comics and reunites the Eisner Award winning creative team that defined modern crime comics with 100 Bullets… and now puts a horror-twist on a classic gangster tale. Issue #1 features a variant cover by legendary comics creator, Frank Miller!
    In Shops: Oct 05, 2016
    SRP: $2.99
    A Prohibition-era gangster story by the 100 Bullets team? SOLD.

And extra credit to the creators at Image, like this team, Kirkman and Adlard, BKV and Staples, BKV and Chiang, and others who are incentivizing readers to take the plunge on creator-owned titles by keeping the price point at $2.99.
    And, it is only fair to note, that by contrast, Marvel has continued to hike prices with more and more $4.99 #1s.
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Red Sonja, Tarzan and John Carter crossing over with Pathfinder. I'm in.
    Is that a new Marvel cosmic-centric Ombibus?

WAR OF KINGS AFTERMATH: REALM OF KINGS OMNIBUS HC
    Written by DAN ABNETT, ANDY LANNING & SCOTT REED
    Penciled by LEONARDO MANCO, PABLO RAIMONDI, WELLINTON ALVES, KEV WALKER, MIGUEL MUNERA, KEVIN SHARPE, ANDREA DI VITO, MAHMUD ASRAR,
    BRAD WALKER, WES CRAIG, MIGUEL ANGEL SEPULVEDA,
    TAN ENG HUAT, TIMOTHY GREEN II & MORE
    Cover by ALEX GARNER
    The War of Kings is over — now the universe must pay the price! A Fault has ripped open in space-time, and the terrifying Cancerverse lies on the other side! To seal the Fault, the greatest heroes of the cosmos band together: the Imperial Guard, Inhumans, Nova Corps and Guardians of the Galaxy! New players join the celestial game, like the son of Hulk and the awesome Annihilators. But the fate of the Marvel Universe may lie in the hands of one of its greatest villains: Thanos is back in a big way! Collecting REALM OF KINGS #1; REALM OF KINGS: INHUMANS #1-5; REALM OF KINGS: IMPERIAL GUARD #1-5; REALM OF KINGS: SON OF HULK #1-4; NOVA (2007) #29-36; GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2008) #20-25; THANOS IMPERATIVE #1-6, IGNITION and DEVASTATION; ANNIHILATORS #1-4; ANNIHILATORS: EARTHFALL #1-4; THANOS SOURCEBOOK; and material from I AM AN AVENGER #3.
    1248 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90447-0

(pre-order for half off)
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

Is that a new Marvel cosmic-centric Ombibus?

WAR OF KINGS AFTERMATH: REALM OF KINGS OMNIBUS HC
    Written by DAN ABNETT, ANDY LANNING & SCOTT REED
    Penciled by LEONARDO MANCO, PABLO RAIMONDI, WELLINTON ALVES, KEV WALKER, MIGUEL MUNERA, KEVIN SHARPE, ANDREA DI VITO, MAHMUD ASRAR,
    BRAD WALKER, WES CRAIG, MIGUEL ANGEL SEPULVEDA,
    TAN ENG HUAT, TIMOTHY GREEN II & MORE
    Cover by ALEX GARNER
    The War of Kings is over — now the universe must pay the price! A Fault has ripped open in space-time, and the terrifying Cancerverse lies on the other side! To seal the Fault, the greatest heroes of the cosmos band together: the Imperial Guard, Inhumans, Nova Corps and Guardians of the Galaxy! New players join the celestial game, like the son of Hulk and the awesome Annihilators. But the fate of the Marvel Universe may lie in the hands of one of its greatest villains: Thanos is back in a big way! Collecting REALM OF KINGS #1; REALM OF KINGS: INHUMANS #1-5; REALM OF KINGS: IMPERIAL GUARD #1-5; REALM OF KINGS: SON OF HULK #1-4; NOVA (2007) #29-36; GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2008) #20-25; THANOS IMPERATIVE #1-6, IGNITION and DEVASTATION; ANNIHILATORS #1-4; ANNIHILATORS: EARTHFALL #1-4; THANOS SOURCEBOOK; and material from I AM AN AVENGER #3.
    1248 PGS./Rated T+ …$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90447-0

(pre-order for half off)

Pretty good stuff up to where Annihilators starts..then its...its..::shudders::...
    Download PDFs of the Previews Catalogue and the Marvel Previews here
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    For all you DCBS order people - looks like the new listings are now up on the site. Have at it!
    The Order as it Stands Right Now

DC Goodies
    Sugar & Spike Metahuman Investigations TP
    Legend of Wonder Woman HC - Because De Liz is on art chores
    DC Super Hero Girls TP Vol 02 Hits And Myths
    Batman HC Vol 10 Epilogue

Manga Goodies
    Please Tell Me Galko Chan GN Vol 01
    Magia The Ninth GN Vol 01 - Because famous classical music composers as demon-hunters? I'm in.
    Holy Corpse Rising GN Vol 01 - Because it has witches in it.

Women in Loincloth Goodies
    Jungle Fantasy Ivory #3 Luscious Cvr (MR) - Because it's about jungle women.

Marvel Goodies
    Alpha Flight By John Byrne Omnibus HC - Because FINALLY! Although I *may* talk myself out of it. It's gonna be a hernia-inducer...
    edited August 2016
    This is my list after I made cuts:

Alpha Flight by Byrne Omnibus
    Brave & The Bold Omnibus
    Silver Age Flash Omnibus vol 2
    Sugar & Spike tpb
    Spider Gwen HC
    Parker: The Outfit tpb
    Mighty Thor vol 2
    Legend of Wonder Woman HC
    Injustice Gods Among Us Y5 vol 1
    G.I. Joe vol 16
    DC Super Hero girls vol 1
    DC Super Hero girls vol 2
    Black Widow vol 1 (Waid) tpb
    Batman Silver Age Comic Strips vol 3
    Black Widow YA Novel Red Vengence
    JLA Black Canary PVC figure.

Looks like it is time to finally get that second job.
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,747

Looks like it is time to finally get that second job.

How do you think I manage to buy as many comics as I do?
  • Along with Batgirl and the Birds of Prey via Comixology, my first pass through Previews yielded the following (unrepentant shilling in boldface):

SPELL ON WHEELS #1 (OF 5) *Special Discount*
    LADY KILLER 2 #3
    GREEN LANTERNS #8
    HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #6
    HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #7
    WONDER WOMAN #8
    WONDER WOMAN #9
    WONDER WOMAN 75TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL #1
    SHADE THE CHANGING GIRL #1 (MR)
    DOOM PATROL #2 (MR)
    MOONSHINE #1 CVR A RISSO (MR) *Special Discount*
    REBORN #1 CVR A CAPULLO (MR) *Special Discount*
    ROMULUS #1 (MR) *Special Discount*
    KILL OR BE KILLED #3 (MR)
    STRAY BULLETS SUNSHINE & ROSES #19 (MR)
    NOW INFAMOUS IRON MAN #1 *Special Discount*
    POWER MAN AND IRON FIST #9
    INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #14
    GHOUL SCOUTS TP NIGHT OF THE UNLIVING UNDEAD
    ALTERS #2 (MR)
    AMERICAN MONSTER #6 (MR)
    THE INSPECTOR PINK FILES #1 MAIN CVR
    ANGEL CITY #1 (OF 6) (MR) *Special Discount*
    WAYWARD SONS #1
    GIRRION #1
    DOCTOR WHO 3RD #3 (OF 5) CVR B PHOTO
    TORCHWOOD #4 CVR B PHOTO
    HARD CASE CRIME PEEPLAND #1 (OF 5) CVR A DALTON (MR) *Special Discount*
    HARD CASE CRIME TRIGGER MAN #1 (OF 5) CVR A JEF (MR) *Special Discount*

I'm sure some of those will be discarded, and a few things will be added once the crew puts up their Previews episode. Lately I've been trying lots of #1 and 2s, but not sticking around long-term unless they're really special.
  • Mark_EngblomMark_Engblom Posts: 343
    edited August 2016
    DC Comics:

Action Comics #965 and #966
    Flash #8 and #9
    Future Quest #6
    Hal Jordan GL #6 and #7
    Superman #8 and #9

Marvel:

Cage #1
    Infamous Iron-Man #1

Gotta say, I'm getting a little weary of DC's double-shipping books. Not happy about devoting so many "slots" of my monthly comic budget to the same character...especially since the storylines never seem to advance much from issue to issue. Lots of trade-paced "tap dancing" I don't have time for. With the "Rebirth" iron so hot, it's disappointing to see the "business as usual" glacial pacing.

Only two books from Marvel. Can't wait to read Tartakovsky's "Cage". Hopefully the Social Justice Warrior snowflakes won't get too worked up over it.
    edited August 2016

Can't wait to read Tartakovsky's "Cage". Hopefully the Social Justice Warrior snowflakes won't get too worked up over it.

Sweet Christmas! After reading that solicit, I'm in on this. My Marvel list is very thin too, but there are some trades I'm considering (Man-Thing by Gerber, Captain Britain Legacy, Jim Starlin Complete Captain Marvel.) - Cage #1's satirical look at Power Man's 70's roots looks to be a breath of fresh air.
    edited August 2016
    My month:

MARVEL
    Jessica Jones #1
    Cage #1
    Captain Britain: Legacy of a Legend TP (May not get this since I already have all the Alan Moore/Alan Davis, Jamie Delano/Alan Davis, & solo Alan Davis stories)
    Black Panther #7
    Hellcat #11 (I may be dropping this—gotta cut some books somewhere)
    Dr. Strange #12 & 13
    Black Widow #7
    Totally Awesome Hulk #12
    Power Man & Iron Fist #9
    Vision #12
    Spider-Gwen #13
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #13
    Moon Knight #7 (Another on the “maybe dropping” list)

DARK HORSE
    Chimichanga #1
    Black Hammer #4
    Dept. H #7
    Lady Killer 2 #3
    BPRD #146
    Hellboy & the BPRD: 1954 #2

DC
    Shade the Changing Girl #1 (I'll give it a shot, as I like the writer)
    Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye #1 (Looks fun. We'll see.)
    Doom Patrol #2
    Aquaman #8 & 9 (Got a 12-issue subscription for $15)
    Batgirl #4 (Got a 12-issue subscription for $15)
    Flash #8 & 9 (Got a 12-issue subscription for $15)
    Dr. Fate #17 (Another that may be on the chopping block)
    Future Quest #6
    Gotham Academy vol. 3 TP (May have to hold off on this one)
    Sugar & Spike TP (Based on the enthusiastic response on the forum)
    Astro City #40

Black Monday Murders #3
    Casanova: Acedia #8
    Descender #16
    I Hate Fairyland #10
    Manifest Destiny #24
    Paper Girls #10
    Rumble #15
    Snotgirl #4
    The Saviors TP (I'll probably have to hold off on this one)
    Thought Bubble Anthology Collection TP

ALBATROSS
    Hillbilly #5
    Spook House #1

ARCHIE
    Afterlife with Archie #11
    Archie #13
    Betty & Veronica #3
    Josie & the Pussycats #2
    Jughead #10

BOOM!
    Steven Universe and the Crystal Gems TP
    Adventure Time: Ice King TP
    Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy #5
    Lumberjanes #31

DYNAMITE
    James Bond #11
    I will probably tighten up my list for October once CGS and John Mayo release their Previews episodes. That's usually what it takes for me. I have placed an order, but I always add one or three items once I listen to those podcast episodes.
  • Cage #1's satirical look at Power Man's 70's roots looks to be a breath of fresh air.

If this thing sells as good as I think it will, my hope would be that it opens the door for more of this kind of thing. I'd love to see a recurring series of minis by high profile writers, cartoonists, animators, etc. that celebrate characters from Marvel's rich history. Not all of them would have to be parodies or humorous pastiches (like Cage), but man would it be fun to watch inspired creators explore Marvel history without worrying about fitting it into the publisher's current continuity (such as it is).

Cage #1's satirical look at Power Man's 70's roots looks to be a breath of fresh air.

If this thing sells as good as I think it will, my hope would be that it opens the door for more of this kind of thing. I'd love to see a recurring series of minis by high profile writers, cartoonists, animators, etc. that celebrate characters from Marvel's rich history. Not all of them would have to be parodies or humorous pastiches (like Cage), but man would it be fun to watch inspired creators explore Marvel history without worrying about fitting it into the publisher's current continuity (such as it is).
    I would love to see more stuff like this too, and I'm happy that Marvel will take a flier on projects like this from time to time (which DC used to do fairly regularly)—things like Spider-Man’s Tangled Web and Peter Bagge’s Hulk story—but if the past is any indicator, it won’t sell well enough to encourage Marvel to do them on a regular basis. Plus, they’re usually a lot tougher to coordinate since guys like Tartakovsky have day jobs that pay them a lot more money than doing comics for Marvel ever could.

Cage #1's satirical look at Power Man's 70's roots looks to be a breath of fresh air.

I would love to see more stuff like this too, and I'm happy that Marvel will take a flier on projects like this from time to time (which DC used to do fairly regularly)—things like Spider-Man’s Tangled Web and Peter Bagge’s Hulk story—but if the past is any indicator, it won’t sell well enough to encourage Marvel to do them on a regular basis. Plus, they’re usually a lot tougher to coordinate since guys like Tartakovsky have day jobs that pay them a lot more money than doing comics for Marvel ever could.
    I'm curious about this book's behind-the-scenes story. It was originally being planned back in 2007, but either Tartakovsky or Marvel (or both) lost interest. Sometime last year someone asked Gendy about it and he said he was still interested, he said he was, and an editor at Marvel heard about it and reached out. Any insight on that Eric?

I'm curious about this book's behind-the-scenes story. It was originally being planned back in 2007, but either Tartakovsky or Marvel (or both) lost interest. Sometime last year someone asked Gendy about it and he said he was still interested, he said he was, and an editor at Marvel heard about it and reached out. Any insight on that Eric?

I can only speculate really, but I don’t think it was lack of interest on either party’s part. From what I understand, Genndy simply got caught up in his film work and didn’t have time to finish it on the original schedule. Then it just kind of languished, but he had the story thumbnailed, so the tough part was out of the way.

This kind of thing happens more than you might think. Guys commit to something, then have to back out because of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, then get too embarrassed or ashamed or busy or whatever to keep in communication. I've had people do that with me. Hell, I've done it myself.
    Torchsong said:

Marvel Goodies
    Alpha Flight By John Byrne Omnibus HC - Because FINALLY! Although I *may* talk myself out of it. It's gonna be a hernia-inducer...

But you NEED this, @Torchsong

Torchsong said:

Marvel Goodies

That voice lives inside my head daily. :)
    Torchsong said:

Torchsong said:

Marvel Goodies

If you do not pre order it, it may not have enough support to get published. And even if it does get published, if you do not order it now, it may go out of print and later when you realize that you really do want it, it will cost a fortune on the secondary market.

Torchsong said:

Torchsong said:

Marvel Goodies

If you do not pre order it, it may not have enough support to get published. And even if it does get published, if you do not order it now, it may go out of print and later when you realize that you really do want it, it will cost a fortune on the secondary market.
    Plus, it may never be this cheap again...
    Oh it's staying on there...for the reasons you guys both stated and because it's Alpha Flight and I'm a card-carrying lover of Dept. H! :)