Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

NEW DOCTOR WHO SEPTEMBER 1, 2012

PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
BBC America now promoting. Whaaaaaat. I thought it wasnt coming back till 2013!!

Comments

• Options
    Ok. Serious question. Why was this moved to "Off Topic". The "On Topic" forum has discussions on TV shows, Movies, iTunes art, and eBay.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited August 2012
    Planeis said:

Ok. Serious question. Why was this moved to "Off Topic". The "On Topic" forum has discussions on TV shows, Movies, iTunes art, and eBay.

The On Topic forum has discussions of comics (including the one thread dedicated to buying and selling them, the eBay thread), and specifically comic-related movies and TV shows, as well as things related to CGS that are not the discussion of a specific episode (e.g. the iTunes art petition).

There is nothing wrong with a topic being in the Off-Topic forum. It is not a punishment for a topic, it is merely organization by category. The Dr. Who TV series is a geeky thing, and clearly has a lot of fans, it is just not comics talk/CGS talk. In fact, moving your topic here was to help you find the forum where Dr. Who TV show discussions were already happening, like the one that @John_Steed linked to. It is simply the place, as the name of the forum says, for "Everything Else", whether that be a non-comics related movie or TV show, football, etc. That's all.
  • Options
    Not saying there's anything wrong with the off topic area. Just looking for clarification considering all the various things that are "on topic"
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    I have never seen an episode of Dr. Who and I know almost nothing about the show. Everything I read though makes the show sound amazing. Without spoilers, can someone explain the appeal of the show to me?
  • Options
    “No, look, there's a blue box. It's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. It can go anywhere in time and space and sometimes even where it's meant to go. And when it turns up, there's a bloke in it called The Doctor and there will be stuff wrong and he will do his best to sort it out and he will probably succeed 'cause he's awesome. Now sit down, shut up, and watch 'Blink'.”

- Neil Gaimon

If I had to compare it something I'd say Star Trek Next Generation. It's not that in terms of content, but emotionally they make me feel the same often times.

It's on Netflix Instant if you have access to such things.