Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1057 - '70s Marvel

comicscomics Posts: 3
edited August 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
I am new to podcasts, and this is my first CGS episode. It's great! I haven't been able to find any discussions on this episode. I know it is somewhat old now. The 20-cent era is when I got hooked on Marvel. My favorite comments were from Jamie D. I think he was the commentator who said that his group of friends favored Marvel, and that shaped what type of reader he was. Same with me. Not only were the other kids who did like comics Marvel chauvinists, they actually disliked DC. We used to joke that DC stood for "Dumb Comics." Funny, these days I mostly read DC now. Again, I think it was Jamie who expressed so well how just the "black bar" on the cover with the Marvel Comics" name can bring back nostalgic feelings of his childhood. I wish you guys had discussed the great Avengers/Defenders war. The story may have been simplistic compared to todays mega-events, but it is a classic. I still love the cover of the Avengers issue (117?) where Namor is pounding on Cap's shield. I have no interest in AVX at all. I agee that the MTU and MTIO were great at introducing the reader to less prominent heroes and villains. I am buying the MTIO Essentials now. I look forward to listening to more great episodes. I hope there are more silver age fans on this site.

Comments