Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1266 Talkback: Avengers vs X-Men Month 5

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited August 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
Spider-Man takes a beating, the Phoenix Five get whittled down to two and Hope stands up to Cyclops. We discuss all this and more as we go over issues 9 and 10 of Avengers vs X-Men. (1:09:59)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for all the AvX coverage on the podcast. Hopefully Mike can share his thoughts as well on the end for the grand finally for 11 & 12.

A quick question: Are you guys going to review the new Marvel Now! titles something similar to the new52? Yes I know alot of the Marvel Now! titles are $3.99 but maybe between the 4 of you (Jamie D. Pants, Murd & Mike) that you all could share show copies & try out a series at the 1 month mark, then 6 months then at 12 months & report back. I liked this or not that didn't grab me as a public service for all the geeks out there. Also I am not saying stick w/ a $3.99 for 6 months if you don't like it then by all means drop it like a bad date (or an overcooked steak). Just stick w/ the ones you are interested in.

Thanks again for all that you guys do.

Matthew
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    mguy1977 said:

A quick question: Are you guys going to review the new Marvel Now! titles something similar to the new52?
    Matthew

Nothing on the schedule yet. but we'll probably do some kind of review on the books once they're out.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Haven't read 9 and 10 yet. I Don't care, I'm gonna listen anyways.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I love it when yall review these big event books. I don't read any of them. So I use yall's reviews to let me know if I might be interested in getting the trades when they come out.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    mguy1977 said:

Thanks for all the AvX coverage on the podcast. Hopefully Mike can share his thoughts as well on the end for the grand finally for 11 & 12.

A quick question: Are you guys going to review the new Marvel Now! titles something similar to the new52? Yes I know alot of the Marvel Now! titles are $3.99 but maybe between the 4 of you (Jamie D. Pants, Murd & Mike) that you all could share show copies & try out a series at the 1 month mark, then 6 months then at 12 months & report back. I liked this or not that didn't grab me as a public service for all the geeks out there. Also I am not saying stick w/ a $3.99 for 6 months if you don't like it then by all means drop it like a bad date (or an overcooked steak). Just stick w/ the ones you are interested in.

Matthew

Looks like Shaner is off the hook for those $3.99 books!!

M

• Options
    Not that I'm advising anyone shoplift but you can get all your comic books on line by torrent. This doesn't mean you shout not buy the comics but it lets you know if they are worth buying.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    Matt said:

mguy1977 said:

Matthew

M

I want all voices heard even yours Matt & Shane as well. My mistake for not adding both to the list.

Matthew
  • Options
    mguy1977 said:

Matt said:

mguy1977 said:

Matthew

M

I want all voices heard even yours Matt & Shane as well. My mistake for not adding both to the list.

Matthew
    Don't worry, I wasn't taking offense. I was just joking that neither Shane or I have to worry about spending the cash on those books.

Truthfully, after reading almost all of the DCnU books in the original run, I don't know if I could handle doing that experiment again.

M
  • Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    haven't listened to any of the episodes, but i borrowed a friend's copy so i'm caught up on the series...and i find that i didn't like it the more i read it.

they say this series is a buildup of years worth of stories? yeah, all that buildup with cyclops' character especially and now he's gonna be shunted off to the sides. and with the solicitations featuring the all new xmen, their younger selves coming to this future? kinda reminds me of when Marvel had the teen Iron Man.

not very excited for Marvel NOW!

• Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Liked the episode but missed Mike's X-Men side of things (even if I am anti-mutie) Please delay production for the final episode for everyone that can chime in on this event.

And that Illuminati issue goes back in time, lot of AvX is bouncing around. You'd think Marvel could put everything out the way it's suppose to be but that's just not the case.

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Couple of thoughts after reading 10. Chaos Fist reminded me of the Gundam that my kids like so much. Perhaps next issue Hope can hit Cyclops with a Shining Finger. I wish artists would leave out Cyclops thong detail when they draw him all on fire.
  • Options
    Krescan said:

Liked the episode but missed Mike's X-Men side of things (even if I am anti-mutie) Please delay production for the final episode for everyone that can chime in on this event.

And that Illuminati issue goes back in time, lot of AvX is bouncing around. You'd think Marvel could put everything out the way it's suppose to be but that's just not the case.

Ideally, episodes are recorded with the person who has a speciality present (most Batman related episodes are recorded with either Shane or me present.)

In some cases, the person with the speciality (in this case Mike) has an unforeseen event that makes him unavailable for the episode. With something that's time sensitive (such as this) you can't always postpone the recording.

It's great to hear from everyone on these episodes, but some times that doesn't work. There's plans to do the final ep with Mike, but if he's unavailable (or if Mr Jamie "Avengers" D isn't available) we can't really postpone the recording an extra week.

M

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    edited August 2012
    cough cough...I'm available if needs be...cough
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    We first learn of Illyana's plan of bringing a piece of Limbo as a prison in X-Men Legacy #270.