Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Comics, I love'em.... There is just not enough time in the day...

The title says it all, I love 'em. I wish there was a job I had that just required me to read comics. WOW would that be something!!!

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Not to rub it in but I read comics all the time at work...and it pays well. :D
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Not to rub it in but I read comics all the time at work...and it pays well. :D

Wow. Lol. Thats practically a slap in the face.

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Back in 2008,I worked doing home health care. Which meant I went to this older man's house at 8pm. Helped him get ready for bed. Then from around 10pm till 5am he slept. So I would sit there reading comics,playing games on my DS and watching DVDs on my portable player. So I was kind of getting paid to read comics.
  • Options
    ShaneKellyShaneKelly Posts: 156
    Haha! Nice, lucky bugger. I can't get away with that at work.
  • Options
    Hey, it's a union job! lol
  • Options
    I was an editor and production worker for a small comic publisher in the 90's, so I guess I was getting paid to read comics too. Of course, since they were our comics, the selection I was getting paid to read was rather small...
  • Options
    Just checking in from work(yup, on a Saturday..so it's not a perfect job) and I'm working on finishing Marvel Masterworks Uncanny X-Men #4.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    I have enough time in the day to read...it is just that there is SO much I want to read.
  • Options

I have enough time in the day to read...it is just that there is SO much I want to read.

I have lots of time to read. But even with that my backlog of comics,trade and books is huge.

• Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    dubbat138 said:

I have lots of time to read. But even with that my backlog of comics,trade and books is huge.

I agree. And I keep getting more and more trades. I have a backlog list and a future to buy list.
  • Options
    I can keep up with regular trades but it's the omnibus collections that are killing me. I can't lug them to work and finding time to read at home is nearly impossible.
  • Options

dubbat138 said:

I agree. And I keep getting more and more trades. I have a backlog list and a future to buy list.
    Right now my backlog of singles is around 300 or so. Trades is at about 10. But it is books that is huge, I have at least 400 unread novels in my room currently.

• Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    I'm doing overnights at a group home while looking for an HR job, and I am tearing through a LOT of older comics. So, while they aren't paying me to read comics, they are paying me WHILE I read comics.

And those Marvel Magazines in the 70's were KICK ASS!!!!
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    It's why I severely sliced my pull list so I can read the books I get in one week. I get a small handful of books so I don't have them overflowing with books that I haven't read. It's easier that way.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I've managed to amass a tiny stack of trades I need to get through...and yes, on occasion I read at work (during my lunch hour, they're not paying me).
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Today at work I'm in the middle of Uncanny X-Force: Otherworld. Cool story but Greg Tocchini's art isn't my thing.

September 1st our contract is up and if we don't come to an agreement by then I'll be on strike. I'll have lots of time to catch up on my reading...
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    I have let my collection get a backlog to about oh I don't know maybe 1000 comics which is about a fifth of a Murd? I decide to start blasting through. Mostly backlog is due to bargain binning and filling gaps.
  • Options
    EzarlinEzarlin Posts: 1
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Today at work I'm in the middle of Uncanny X-Force: Otherworld. Cool story but Greg Tocchini's art isn't my thing.

September 1st our contract is up and if we don't come to an agreement by then I'll be on strike. I'll have lots of time to catch up on my reading...

It's funny how in every post you mention you are at work lol. Where do you work where they pay you well to do nothing? I guess this is why so many jobs leave the US :(
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    @Nick

I know..I'm just rubbing it in, lol, sorry.

I drive a mining haul truck. Y'know those big monster dump trucks the size of a house? Well, there is down time between loads. I usually can find time to read 20-40 mins/hour.

However, I work 12 hour shifts..days and midnights(6am-6pm or 6pm-6am)..two weekends every month..and a lot of holidays. So, it isn't for everyone.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Mr_Cosmic said:

@Nick

I know..I'm just rubbing it in, lol, sorry.

I drive a mining haul truck. Y'know those big monster dump trucks the size of a house? Well, there is down time between loads. I usually can find time to read 20-40 mins/hour.

However, I work 12 hour shifts..days and midnights(6am-6pm or 6pm-6am)..two weekends every month..and a lot of holidays. So, it isn't for everyone.

Dude! Those jokers are huge! When i taught school in Mali we would drive to the Syama Gold Mine once a month (they were kind enough to let us use their air strip...and pool!) to pick up our mail. I got to stand next to one of those massive trucks and just to give some of the other guys a scale comparison...if i stood on my tip toes and stretched my arms as far over my head as i could possibly reach i could not come close to touching the bottom of the tire rim...massive! That is really neat @Mr_Cosmic.