Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1267 Talkback: CGS by the Sea

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited August 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
Members of Comic Geek Speak and some friends of the show headed down to Stone Harbor, NJ this weekend to visit with fellow geek Adam Murdough. In this episode we catch up with them to see what they've been up to recently. Find out who is going on a book signing tour in 2013, who collects memorabilia from the live action Spider-Man TV show and who was recently almost hired by Marvel. (59:04)

Listen here.

Apologies in advance for the low volume level on this episode.

Comments

• Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    I feel so bad for Bryan after hearing about his dream job. I hope that in some other area in his life is brighter w/ a new opportunity where he is now w/ his wife & children in the near future. It was nice hearing Kevin on the podcast again too. Looking forward to more Spidey episodes in 2012. Finally, best of luck to Wild Pig as they return to being a bigger & better store than ever before.

Matthew
  • Options
    BonesBones Posts: 4
    A very entertaining episode. It's fun to listen to you guys when you are off script (well, with the exception of dropping sponsor ads every five minutes). It was good to hear Deemer again, although it's too bad about the Marvel job. F-ing corporate protocol - I know, I work for a very large financial services company and it's the same way. I'm trying to find a way to get to NJ for the wild pig sale -which is difficult considering that I live in Michigan! A final thought: More Chris from WP and less of Pants = Better CGS!

Just kidding Pants - you're doing a great job.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    There's memorabilia from the live-action Spidey show? I had no idea. I just wish they'd finally release it on DVD!
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Great episode. It's a shame about the Marvel job. I work at a big publication and I know that while certain employees can work from home at times, for the most part, they want people in the office. It sucks but maybe sometime down the line, that will change.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Bones said:

A very entertaining episode. It's fun to listen to you guys when you are off script (well, with the exception of dropping sponsor ads every five minutes). It was good to hear Deemer again, although it's too bad about the Marvel job. F-ing corporate protocol - I know, I work for a very large financial services company and it's the same way. I'm trying to find a way to get to NJ for the wild pig sale -which is difficult considering that I live in Michigan! A final thought: More Chris from WP and less of Pants = Better CGS!

Just kidding Pants - you're doing a great job.

well, I agree less pants (lower case p)makes for more exciting podcasting but i'd still like to keep Pants (Capital P) around.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    I do like when CGS shakes things up with these more personal shows. I'm about half way through. Where's Murd? Anyway, so far, very funny!
    Kickstarter?: I don't know. Sounds like a lot of work.
    Bryan's almost Marvel job: Well, so except for the fact that you just moved, there wasn't any other reason to not move? Hmm...if it was MY dream job. I might've moved! But then, I'm single. Hey, if you could've found a nicer house without having to do any refurbishing maybe you should've gone for it. Anyway, that's the way life is sometimes: Timing is all-important!
    Chris's trip: Yeah, his recollections of Cambodia and Japan echo the experiences I've had so far. And yeah, Japanese movie theaters are THE BEST! Most have reserved seats, the people are USUALLY very quiet and respectful, the patrons usually stay until the VERY end (so they don't miss surprise endings), and the theaters are SO CLEAN.
    Oh, I finally hear Murd a bit when asked about the "Modern Age"...
    KEVIN!: Oh, my! Nice to hear from him!
    MURD: Yayy!
    Good job, PANTS!
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    @brydeemer you probably already still have everything in boxes anyway. I would've moved again in an instant.
  • Options
    brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    KyleMoyer said:

@brydeemer you probably already still have everything in boxes anyway. I would've moved again in an instant.

I would have had to sell the house I just bought and lose money on closing costs, etc. Plus we already started tearing down walls and such. No one would have bought it in its current condition.

Plus, we don't want to live in New York. Pretty simple choice.

Bry
  • Options
    ReflexReflex Posts: 3
    They are truly fools for not hiring you Mr. Deemer. I'm digging Image a lot anyways right now. I think I may jump off of Marvel after the Phoenix burns it all down.