Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1268 Talkback: Comic Talk

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited August 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
After some follow up on previous episodes we jump into discussions on Rob Liefeld's tweets, Superman and Wonder Woman as a couple, the new Justice League of America book, Wolverine's latest update to his story and more. (1:16:36)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    Need to see that photo of G. Anderson.
  • Options
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    She looks almost Freddy Mercury thin, does she look healthy to you?
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    random73 said:

She looks way too thin to me also. Plus the blondish hair doesn't work for her.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I am amazed bookmarks made it to yall so fast. I mailed them off Friday. They would have been finished sooner but Mom's arthritis has been acting up bad lately. She would have done Pant's a Orange Lantern but we lost the program that makes the graphs. So I figured "52" would be perfect. Plus the blue background is cause DC's logo was/is blue. And trust me those bookmarks hold up really well I have family members that have been using one for over 15 years now.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    The whole Breevort/Liefeld/other creators twitter mess. When it comes to twitter Breevort he doesn't know when to put his foot in his mouth & stop typing. He is a professional pain in the rear on twitter. As for Liefeld as w/ Tony "F'ing" Harris before him; he is letting off steam in a high pressure environment on an important issue to him & letting his views known. The new DCU has its problems keeping creators happy in recent months.

On another topic, see you guys hopefully in a few days we should be affected by Hurricane Issac in Louisiana. So think good thoughts & prayers of the geeks in the south affected by the storm.

Matthew

PS

I wish Liefeld the best of luck in his challenges for his future.
  • Options
    mguy1977 said:

The whole Breevort/Liefeld/other creators twitter mess. When it comes to twitter Breevort he doesn't know when to put his foot in his mouth & stop typing. He is a professional pain in the rear on twitter. As for Liefeld as w/ Tony "F'ing" Harris before him; he is letting off steam in a high pressure environment on an important issue to him & letting his views known. The new DCU has its problems keeping creators happy in recent months.

On another topic, see you guys hopefully in a few days we should be affected by Hurricane Issac in Louisiana. So think good thoughts & prayers of the geeks in the south affected by the storm.

Matthew

PS

I wish Liefeld the best of luck in his challenges for his future.

I have been lucky so far we got some rain hours earlier and the wind is higher than normal,but it looks like we might not even lose power. But I am about 1 1/2 hours north of Hammond Louisiana. Good luck and be safe Mguy. I have been through 8 hurricanes now and been extremely lucky. No major damage and no family members lost.

• Options
    Stay safe southern geeks! Think dry thoughts!
  • Options
    For the record, I love Liefeld's work and have had nothing but good con experiences with him :)
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    edited September 2012
    dubbat138 said:

random73 said:

She looks way too thin to me also. Plus the blondish hair doesn't work for her.
    Hm, c'mon guys, it's really hard to tell with her sitting down and leaning over like that. What I DO like about it is that her arms are tanned and toned, which means she is staying in good shape and getting fresh air. But, yeah, the blonde hair doesn't work well for me either. Still, if I had the chance I'd certainly ask her out!
    Leifeld/Brevvort/Snyder/Etc: Ehhh, don't care so much.
    Superman/WonderWoman: Hm, I'm always interested to see another writer's take on the supercouple that probably should be!
    New JLA Book: Once again, always interested to see a new take. If it looks too much like an old take, I'll just drop it.
    Wolverine: Oh, another I don't care much anymore.
    Bookmarks: Any pics of those? I'd like to see them!
    CGS By the SEA Breakfast Roundtable: "Pssst!" Pants! Are you sure you didn't have your recorder going at the time? Would've been a cool way to get another episode in the can without even trying!"
  • Options
    sandmansandman Posts: 199
    The old Marvel and DC role-playing were both cool games with a lot of great supplements and source books for them. I had a lot of fun playing those games back in he day.
  • Options
    I never cared much for Rob Liefeld's work. I followed him for a while when he took over New Mutants, and then continued as it became X-Force way back when. But I quickly lost interest in X-Force and didn't really care for his work. When I see his cover images for DC in the previews guide, it looks like his art has gotten even worse. I don't want to bash on him, but his work doesn't interest me.
  • Options
    I don't think that the Superman and Wonder Woman thing is a big deal. If it leads to good character moments and stories, than thats great. But it doesn't have to be permanent. They could always break up to change things in the future.
  • Options
    Simon Baz is the new Arab-American Green Lantern. The character was created by Geoff Johns to share his Lebanese heritage and hometown of Detroit, MI. My local newspaper printed a little story about Johns and the character today. You can read it online form the Toledo Blade.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited September 2012
    I thought it was cool to see them introduce someone of Middle Eastern descent who was a hero, but the fact that he's wearing a balaclava and carrying a handgun kinda made me go "GAH!" when I first saw it.

Awk. Ward.
  • Options

I thought it was cool to see them introduce someone of Middle Eastern descent who was a hero, but the fact that he's wearing a balaclava and carrying a handgun kinda made me go "GAH!" when I first saw it.

Awk. Ward.

I thought it was unusual as well. I guess the story is that he doesn't jump right into being a hero. I think there's going to be a transitional period with him. I'll have to wait and see.