Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1270 Talkback: Comic Talk

2»

Comments

• Options

elkinscs said:

Matt said:

Am I the only 1 thinking DC (and Marvel while we're at it) should start realizing less CAN be more? How about rather than have 3 Justice League books, 5 Batman books (12 Avengers books) they put out fewer titles that are superior & worth the cost?

M

Absolutely. It's way worse with Marvel. I simply won't touch anything X or Avengers because it's just too overwhelming. The 5 batman books are a little much but I can't really call it out since I'm buying 4 of them. At least the are all pretty much independent from one another.
    A little too independent from one another, in my opinion. It's as though they take place on different worlds; I wouldn't have minded if they inserted just enough continuity to clue the reader in as to which story took place when and in what order. As it is, they just kinda go on, oblivious to one another. The only exception to that was during the Court Of Owls storyline. That lack of interconnectivity was one of the reasons (though not the only one)that I dropped most of the bat-books.
    I'll agree with that to a certain extent. I wouldn't mind seeing some Damian in Batman or something like that. Then again, if I were seeing Damian in Batman, I probably wouldn't be buying Batman & Robin, so it's kind of a shrewd business move. Having said that, I think Scott Snyder has pretty much free reign, so if he wants there to be continuity in the other bat books, I think we'll see it. Death of the Family might be a good time to align them a little better.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Per Mike's recommendation, I've been listening to Radio Free Skaro. It's very good and one of the participants does indeed sound like Murd. Murd on a Skittles and Throwback Pepsi rush.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Dr WHO? Yeah, like Pants, I'm not interested. I've watched about 15 episodes total over many, many years and just can't get into it. I even watched it while I was LIVING in England and my response was "Yawn...!" Hey, even the characters on Big Bang Theory reverently mention it, so it must just not strike any chords with me.
    SHIELD pilot: yeah, like with anything that COULD appear on TV (like Bendis' Powers pilot), ya just have to sit back and wait.
    Justice League: hm, haven't read it yet, but it doesn't sound that great. I haven't been impressed with the comic at all starting with issue 1! Ho-hum...
    Well, good for Jamal and his Kickstarter for Molly Danger!