Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1272 Talkback: CGS Behind the Scenes Clip Show

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited September 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
Time for another clip show of previously unaired material. There's some studio chatter from before and after episodes, recordings made for the CGS website but never used, content edited out of episodes, comic talk, tomfoolery and even some singing! (56:04)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    what a strange episode. i like the Geek Profiles. I'd like to see those pop up again here and there.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Obviously the other guys didn't include the "can't use outtakes & off air stupidness for show purposes" clause in their contract like I did!

M
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
  • Options
    wow, really? this was like going to a steakhouse and getting served the parts they trim off before cooking
  • Options

wow, really? this was like going to a steakhouse and getting served the parts they trim off before cooking

OR the disc 2 with the dailies, outtakes, & behind-the-scenes...and who doesn't watch them?!

M
  • Options
    abuddahabuddah Posts: 133
    Or like those Beatles bootlegs where they crack up in the middle of the song. Really hope we get more geeks and more eps in the fall
  • Options
    sure matt, but those disc 2s usually come with a full movie enclosed. this was a ketchup sandwich
  • Options

sure matt, but those disc 2s usually come with a full movie enclosed. this was a ketchup sandwich

I think the clip shows done are basically the same thing as this episode. I've always enjoyed these types of episodes when peppered in on occasion. Something a little different, but the same. Sometimes I'll see if I can figure out what episode the bit was taken from. Than again, I always enjoy a good mystery.

M

• Options
    edited September 2012

I think the clip shows done are basically the same thing as this episode. I've always enjoyed these types of episodes when peppered in on occasion. Something a little different, but the same. Sometimes I'll see if I can figure out what episode the bits originated (the disc 1.) Than again, I always enjoy a good mystery. To each his own, I guess.
    M
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I guess my response needs a duplication (for some reason) curtiesy of the iPhone app.

M
  • Options
    This is not the post you are looking for. Move along...move along.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803

Classy!
  • Options

Classy!
    Haven't you noticed the trend? The only time John posts here is when he has something negative to say.

At least we know he listens to the shows.

Bry
  • Options
    brydeemer said:

Classy!
    Haven't you noticed the trend? The only time John posts here is when he has something negative to say.

Bry
    And it's Bryan Deemer firing off the port side! "She's got iron sides!"

M
  • Options
    brydeemer said:

Classy!

Bry
    Oh I've noticed. And I call attention to it every single time. I enjoy me some shaming.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I for one enjoyed it. Though I've had Moses Supposes stuck in my head.
  • Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    @libraryboy

I'm with you 100% there. It says clip show in the title so you know what you are getting. A little behind the scenes stuff to go along with the 1250 or so episodes of amazing, FREE content. To complain about the trimmings when you get the steak for free just baffles me.
  • Options
    wordballoonwordballoon Posts: 87
    edited September 2012
    i'm not shamed . bully for those who enjoyed it, and yes Bryan I do listen, hence my comment.

And BTW, I think it IS classier to speak out loud rather than say things behind folks backs
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Hey, guys, I really enjoyed this episode. It was interesting to me to hear the before-cooked trimmings of what goes on behind the scenes of the meaty steak shows that I've ALREADY listened to. Awesome! But I was wondering, those phrases that Bryan and Jamie (and someone else) kept repeating that sounded like scripts or something. What were those from ("....the winner of ....Feedback!")?? What's also interesting to me is the camraderie that exists while prepping an episode and how it seems so relaxed and yet kinda tense. From Murd's frustration to Jamie D's saying "(Jamal) can wait", that stuff just feels real!
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Was part of this episode from the never produced/released CGS old time radio show?
  • Options
    Matt said:

Obviously the other guys didn't include the "can't use outtakes & off air stupidness for show purposes" clause in their contract like I did!

M

So in the next clip show when we hear a distorted muffled voice, we'll know it was you.
  • Options
    KyleMoyer said:

Matt said:

M

So in the next clip show when we hear a distorted muffled voice, we'll know it was you.
    That is correct!
    M
  • Options

i'm not shamed . bully for those who enjoyed it, and yes Bryan I do listen, hence my comment.

And BTW, I think it IS classier to speak out loud rather than say things behind folks backs

It just comes off better when you're as willing to speak out loud about the positive as the negative.