Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Kickstarter is a gold mine - me alone has backed over 20 projects by now. And just a few months ago some people thought it's just a fluke :))

Hardly a day without a news publication reporting about Kickstarter (other crowdsourcing platforms hardly ever get mentioned)

PS. shouldn't we keep Kickstarter posts to the Kickstarter thread?
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I contributed to that one to get the Mysterymen Trade.
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

PS. shouldn't we keep Kickstarter posts to the Kickstarter thread?

I don't think so.

New projects will get lost.

On the previous Forums. Kickstarter would have had its own sub-forum by now.

ok :-<

Up to the Mods, ultimately.

Hey, @David_D, can we get a ruling?
    I just learned the "Bob" in SpongeBob SquarePants is for Bob Burden!
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    I always took the Kickstarter thread (and it is a really interesting one) to be asking the question of what you've supported to date, and became a general conversation of KS. But I don't think that should mean individual, and especially new, not yet funded KS campaigns for comics shouldn't get their own thread. I see it as the difference between a What Are You Reading thread vs. Hey Look There's This New Specific Thing To Read.
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    David_D said:

But I don't think that should mean individual, and especially new, not yet funded KS campaigns for comics shouldn't get their own thread. I see it as the difference between a What Are You Reading thread vs. Hey Look There's This New Specific Thing To Read.

it already has quite some mileage and it's been long funded - but who am I to fuss about having too many similar threads.....

right?

/:)
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884

David_D said:

But I don't think that should mean individual, and especially new, not yet funded KS campaigns for comics shouldn't get their own thread. I see it as the difference between a What Are You Reading thread vs. Hey Look There's This New Specific Thing To Read.

it already has quite some mileage and it's been long funded - but who am I to fuss about having too many similar threads.....

right?

/:)
    Not spending as much time on KS, what I really meant, in general, is that if people want to start a new thread to bring attention to a KS that is either new, or still going and not yet CLOSED (rather than not yet funded, I misspoke on that) then I say go for it. And, by that, I am talking about in general, rather than getting too mired down in the specifics of this Flaming Carrot one, as I thought people were asking, general, about why we should have individual KS threads rather than folding them all into the one thread. The way I see it, as they are threads about supporting the creation of comics, then it is not crowding things too much to let them have their own space alongside the larger, overall Kickstarter discussion.

If the forum gets overrun by KS threads, then we'll revisit (that was why, way back when, that the Ebay thread got created, when the front page was starting to look like a swap meet). But so far it doesn't look like it will be a problem, so I see it a good way for KS campaigns to get some individual attention. Thanks.