Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1273 - Baltimore Comic Con Recap and more

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited September 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
Pants discusses the recent Baltimore Comic Con with in studio guest author Tom King. We talk about Tom's experience as a first time exhibitor at the convention, his book 'A Once Crowded Sky', the Marvel panel that Pants appeared on and more. Wait...Pants was on a Marvel Panel? This I gotta hear. (1:04:34)

Listen here.

Comments

• You're talking about yourself in the third person again. You might want to have that checked out.

But it was great to see you and Jamie again, and to finally meet Shane. See you in New York!
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    It's a beautiful thing to witness the beginnings of, what sounds like a lovely bromance.

Congratulations to Pants & Tom.
  • Hey, did you guys change the compression rate of the mp3s? The shows have been sounding a bit more tinny than they used to with some weird background hissing at times. It's not the worst thing in the world, but figured I'd point it out!
  • The book sounds very interesting, but all you really had to say was “Tom Fowler.” I've known Tom since his first U.S. con appearance. For the life of me, I don’t understand why he doesn’t get more comics work than he does. So, even though I don't know when I'll have time to read it, I'll certainly track down a copy.
  • i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 782
    edited September 2012
    Oh, and for an actual comment: it was great seeing you guys at Baltimore Comic Con! Weekend turned out well for me in general. Tons of good buys, good people and the Yankees won (I was at the game Pants was at too). I call that a win all around!

EDIT: I'm with Tom. DH all the way!
  • JCBJCB Posts: 51
    This was one of the funniest eps I've heard so far in my short time frame. Tom was just ridiculous.
  • Just starting, but have to compliment Tom on his taste in comics. The issue of Flash he was referencing was #54.

I knew immediately, as that was easily my favorite issue written by Messner-Loebs (whose run, overall, I found lacking) and was actually the issue that convinced me not to drop the book at the time. This story also prompted me to sit down and write a letter to the Flash, which was printed - I believe - in #57 (the first time I had a letter printed in a comic, Woot!)

Anyway. Back to the show.

chris
  • Pants, you are quite welcome for the Wolverine & Doop issues. Glad they will have a good home. And you said my last name perfectly with the long "o" sound like the word "most".

Baltimore was great, and I loved seeing Pants, Jamie, and Shane again. It was great talking to you guys in person again.

Baltimore was the only con I went to this year, but it was worth the wait. Great seeing friends, fantastic creators, great bin diving, and meeting legends for me like Larry Hama, Herb Trimpe, Brian Bolland, and Neal Adams.

• TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159
    edited September 2012
    Uncle Sal can hang up his earphones, because we now have a guest host who is actually witty and funny! The next time you guys feel the urge to invite Uncle Sal on to say "jackoff" 1,743 times, please give Tom King a call instead! Thank you, Tom, for "driving up from DC" so many times this past week!
  • alienalalienal Posts: 508
    (Oh, man! Don't you go putting down Uncle Sal! He's great!) Anyway, yeah Tom was great, too. It's funny, to me he seemed like a more comedic version of Bryan. Very funny! But Tom, you're wrong about the DH, and the Angels! Well, neither them nor my Dodgers made the playoffs this year. ----- Aw, man!: Now I have to go and get my Wolverine and Doop issues out (since you mentioned them!). Also, good job on hosting Brian/Pants. Even though your voice IS unique (sort of Muppet sounding) you're kinda getting that Letterman-style patter going.