Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Rhode Island Comic Con - Now With Photos

Hey, my tiny little state is getting a con in early November!

Comics related guests include:
Jamal Igle
Paul Ryan
Bob McLeod
Jack Purcell
Angus Oblong
Craig Rousseau
and more

Media guests include:
Billy West
John DeLancie (c'mon, @JamieD, you can finally get your kicks in!)
Peter Mayhew
Pretty much most of the original surviving cast of the original BSG (Hatch, Benedict, Jefferson, etc.)
Tom Kane
Gil Gerard
Lee Merriweather
Couple a' Power Rangers
Lots of 80s & 90s wrestlers, etc.

Very eclectic line-up to say the least, but I hope it's a good time because I'd like it to be a regular thing.

Here's the website for more details.

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited October 2012
    Bought my tickets for this last night. My son is excited to see the Batmobile, which I think proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that I'm raising him right. Very... eclectic guest list (they've added a bunch since my post above), but I'm hoping it'll be fun. I want to make it to the voice actor panel if I can, but that'll depend if that's scheduled for the part of the day my son is with me (he wants to go, but never lasts long at these things, so since it's close to home, we'll hopefully be able to arrange a handoff to my wife).

Any other New England area forumites planning on going?
  • Options
    Dan_CapDan_Cap Posts: 39
    I've got a table at the con, come by and say Hi if your there, also taking sketch pre-orders if anyone is interested. (plug plug) :P

www.capitumini.com
  • Options
    For a first year show, Rhode Island Comic Con was pretty decent! The people in charge of ticket taking and wristband giving were pretty disorganized (no one took my ticket, and they only gave a cursory glance at it when giving me the wristband, so I could easily have passed it on to someone else and gotten them in for free), and the small lobby area outside of their end of the convention center got crowded too easily. And of course the aisles can always be wider at these things.

Oh, and if you haven't seen a person you know from TV in many years, it's better if you don't know what they look like now. Never watch your idols age, my friends.

Didn't do a lot of shopping, but I got some good stuff. A few sketches and sketch cards, an Avengers Toon Tumblr, a Doctor Who magnet, and some toys and books for the kiddo. Had a nice talk with @Dan_Cap and his wife who looked to be having a great show, had a good long chat with Will Murray about his publisher (and my childhood friend) Matt and about working with Steve Ditko... it was a good time.
  • Options
    Didn't get a lot of pics, but here are some decent ones.

Awesome Planet of the Apes gorilla soldier (from a booth that did movie prop stuff)

Black Alice, Riddler, and Red Lantern Bizarro

Nurse Harley

Steampunky / EGL TARDIS

One of the Deloreans used in Back to the Future 3

Batcycle (I was so, so tempted to hop in the sidecar go-kart)

Batmobile replica I believe they legally had to call the Gotham Supercar

And thanks to the Batmobile being there, I was able to match up my son's Batmobile photo op with my own from a car show 30 years ago

• Options
    Gah, why the hell are so many of these photos displaying in landscape format! I've corrected them twice now and they still won't display properly! Grrr.
  • Options
    A Bizarro Red Lantern!? Does his ring work on Prozac or something?
  • Options
    I had alot of fun talking to LibrbaryBoy and his son, and the show was goood for me! I talked to lots of people and got alot of commissions and sold alot of prints, cards, and a good amount of original art. The show stayed busy with new people coming in all day on both days. I certainly didn't expect it to be quite so brisk on its first try. Also notable was WWE legend Hacksaw Jim Duggan in attendance was shouting HO! about every 20 minutes the entire show :P. I bumped into WWE's Vader that was funny at first I was like wow nice mask, then wait a sec that's the real guy!

I talked to the guy who was red lantern bizarro he said the red contacts where killing him so he was using it to act out his rage!

Thanks to everyone who came by my table and came to the show I had a blast, can't wait till the next one.