Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1278 Talkback: Avengers vs X-Men Issue 11

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited September 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
SPOILERS! We go over the penultimate issue of Avengers vs. X-Men in this episode. Who makes the 'ultimate sacrifice' and what do we think will happen in issue 12? (52:12)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Marvel did right by pooling all of these creators together to work on AvX. This is how every event should be crafted from here on out.

Cap going to the Hulk for help, that whole scene, if you took it all in, allowed yourself to let Cap's words really sink in, you can really feel the desperation of the situation. A great Cap moment.

The scene with Rogue and the X-Men meeting with Xavier and the Avengers, that just felt right. In the past I was always happy with both teams having their own little corner of the of Marvel U and now I feel like they should have always been working together in some tandem much more than what we have seen in the past. I do hope this means Storm and T'challa stay together.

If you were able to read the issue with out any of it being spoiled, you could tell what was coming regarding Xavier. The exchanges between Scott and Charles, the fighting through the issue was well done and I think hit all of the right buttons.

If Hope is not a major part of the resolution to this story, it's going to be a big, big let down and be chalked up with past events that blew it at the end.

The call in show is marked on my calendar.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I haven't read one of these. But you guys are really selling me on it. I'm looking forward to the last issue now... Well your last show on this anyway. Think I'll have to pick up the trade at some point too.
  • Options
    Anyone else a little surprised on the lack of use of the Scarlet Witch? AvX 0 made me think she would be key in the series, though I guess she might have larger role in issue 12.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    I was surprised that Xavier thought he could take Scott down. He took Jean down because she was inside the Dark Phoenix helping him out. To think Scott would do the same was a bit arrogant on his part.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    COIPEL IS A MONSTER!
  • Options
    I'm hoping both Scarlet Witch AND Hope end up playing big roles on Issue 12. So many X-years (Messiah Complex, Messiah War and Second Coming) building up Hope as the saviour of mutant-kind and making links between her and the Phoenix and it's all seeming a little 'huh?' at the moment. If it ends with Hope as full Phoenix, making the 'ultimate sacrifice' and/or reigniting mutant-kind then good. If not, such a waste.

And on that point, Scott wanted Hope to host the Phoenix so she might re-activate the mutant-race. Scott hosts the Phoenix instead. So Scott, reignite and save your people already. Dipshit. (Not a. Cyclops fan if you haven't already guessed). :)
  • Options
    a hulk is a hulk?

I have to do some back reading on the whole origin of the red hulk.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    It's always been my understanding that Rulk doesn't get much, if any stronger when he rages out like the Hulk.
  • Options
    Greg said:

It's always been my understanding that Rulk doesn't get much, if any stronger when he rages out like the Hulk.

I haven't read any Red Hulk outside of his appearances in the Avengers, but I'm given to understand that where the Hulk's power grows as a result of his rage, Red Hulk's power grows as a result of his thirst for personal power; that is, the more he uses it, the more 'drunk' he gets on it, the more powerful he gets.

Do I have that right?

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    Pommykiwi said:

I'm hoping both Scarlet Witch AND Hope end up playing big roles on Issue 12. So many X-years (Messiah Complex, Messiah War and Second Coming) building up Hope as the saviour of mutant-kind and making links between her and the Phoenix and it's all seeming a little 'huh?' at the moment. If it ends with Hope as full Phoenix, making the 'ultimate sacrifice' and/or reigniting mutant-kind then good. If not, such a waste.

And on that point, Scott wanted Hope to host the Phoenix so she might re-activate the mutant-race. Scott hosts the Phoenix instead. So Scott, reignite and save your people already. Dipshit. (Not a. Cyclops fan if you haven't already guessed). :)

LOL, while I'm "pro cyke" the fact that he hasn't (or is that can't?) reactivate the X Gene is my main hang up with him. And Hope HAS to play a large role or I'll be thoroughly disappointed. It's been YEARS since she was born and I'd like to know who or what she is already...

And while it's certainly a pain in the ass it isn't impossible to chronologically map the X-Titles...
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Just got my DCBS box and read 11 and 12. On this episode, I just like the way EVEN PANTS is excited about a Marvel Event! It just shows that maybe, just maybe, they are doing this one right. Anyway, I liked the artwork a great deal too (not so much issue 12's artwork which was just okay). I'd have to re-read the stuff about Red Hulk vs. Hulk also. I think it's Green Hulk who is just stronger. Hm, I think Wanda was in the event just enough! Beginning (#0), middle, and end. She basically got burned out fighting Scott in an earlier issue, so she needed time to recuperate. So...to sum up, I'm really looking forward to Marvel Now-now....where before I wasn't so much.