Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I certainly hope Steve is still on the book, having him on the art was the only reason why I picked it up.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Wow. Looks like they took a giant step crapwards.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I saw that as well...no Steve = no dough from me.
  • Options
    I bought it because I love The Avengers, so I'll give the new team a chance.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

I agree, but what about the ones I already pre-ordered? I still have time to take the November issue off of my DCBS order, but it's solicited as Steve Bryant. But so was issue 1.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    KyleMoyer said:

Torchsong said:

I agree, but what about the ones I already pre-ordered? I still have time to take the November issue off of my DCBS order, but it's solicited as Steve Bryant. But so was issue 1.
    Cancelling shouldn't be a problem. I believe a Diamond rule is that, if there is a change in creative team after the solicitation, then there is an extended window for a retailer to change their orders.
  • Options
    David_D said:

KyleMoyer said:

Torchsong said:

Cancelling shouldn't be a problem. I believe a Diamond rule is that, if there is a change in creative team after the solicitation, then there is an extended window for a retailer to change their orders.
    It's only a few issues and they're still written by Waid even if they're about characters I know nothing about (of course every character is someone I knew nothing about at one point or another). I was just looking if anyone knew for 100% sure if he was off the book or just having some deadline issues with specific issues or what.
  • Options
    Saw the issue in the shop today, Steve was not in the credits.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    He is off the book. I'm dropping it. I like Waid, but I'm not that much of a Steed & Peel fan to keep getting it now.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    WOW that sucks mooseballs, I was getting this solely for Steves artwork
  • Options
    steve_bryantsteve_bryant Posts: 96
    edited September 2012
    Wow. Thanks for the support, everyone. I wanted to speak up sooner, but I didn't yet know the full details.

Here's the scoop:

From the word go, the book had a tight deadline, and I did my best to deliver it within that period. I wasn't happy with the work I'd done for the 0 issue, but felt that I was "finding" the characters by the end of the issue. While working on revisions, I was told that there would be a fill-in artist for issue #1, and that I may or may not be doing issue #2.

During the waiting period, I was contacted by an editor/publisher whom I've long admired...he's editing a line for a terrific indie publisher that's relaunching next year. Long story short, I was offered a fantastic gig penciling and inking a new mini-series.

On Tuesday night, I learned that Boom was going ahead with Will Sliney—a great illustrator—as the new ongoing artist. I think that, in the long run, Will will prove a much better fit for the book than I was. And I think that the not-yet-announced project suits me better, as well.

Sometimes things just don't work out the way that we planned, but it looks like everything is where it's supposed to be now.

So my two projects right now are (1) unnamed project, and (2) the Athena Voltaire launch at Sequential Pulp/Dark Horse.

If you're interested in following what I'm up to, I've started a Tumblr account where I post work-in-progress. Feel free to check it out: http://stevebryant.tumblr.com/

And, as always, thanks for your well-wishes, encouragement, and support.

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    @steve_bryant Thanks for lifting the curtain. Looking forward to your next project. Good luck.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Thanks for the update, Steve. Looking forward to more AV and intrigued about the new project.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    You Go Steve! Always a class act! We're with you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, do you have an idea of when the announcement will come?
  • Options
    Based on some of your Facebook posts, I guessed deadline issues were involved. I'm glad to see it's all amicable and you've still got worked lined up.
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    good luck on the new (and old) projects, Steve! Looking forward to seeing and enjoying more of your work!

e
    L nny
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind being on Mrs. Peel... if ya know what I mean.

:wink:
  • Options
    brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216

Oh how I've missed you, Marty.

Bry
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited October 2012
    brydeemer said:

Oh how I've missed you, Marty.

Bry
    Yep.

These poor schmucks have been having to settle for me as their primary source of LOLs.*

*And I've only averaged 2.7/day