Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

CGS Super Show - April 6th and 7th 2013

Comments

• GargoyleGargoyle Posts: 199
    I'm going to enter advanced negotiations...it will make Presidential debate prep look like kindergarten! Unlikely that the whole family will make it as Ang has medical condition which would make flying a real nightmare.

I may be back to needing @the_raphradia to look after me!
  • ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    edited October 2012
    Bought my weekend ticket today (let the original art raffles begin!! :D )

I also noticed that MoCCA is the same weekend as Supershow. Bummer!

BUT

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease DO NOT consider moving Supershow!! (or if you do, pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease DO NOT move it up a week to 3/30-31 (that's my roto baseball auction date!). OK? thanks! :^)

e
    L nny
    Bummer! Reading Phillies are out of town that weekend. Any other minor league teams nearby??

e
    L nny
  • JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    ctowner1 said:

Bummer! Reading Phillies are out of town that weekend. Any other minor league teams nearby??

e
    L nny

Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs, just up the road a ways
  • I'll be there.
    Depending upon no one else dying, no more bone breaking and finding a new jorb, of course. ;)

The Crown Plaza is a heckova nice place to stay. For a few bucks more it's worth it.
    Plus the headliners are usually staying there, nice way to cozy up to them if you want.
    Nudge-nudge wink-wink.

Some of my favorite moments from my last SuperShow were in the lobby before and after the festivities.
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Plus the headliners are usually staying there, nice way to cozy up to them if you want.
    Nudge-nudge wink-wink.

Stupid restraining order...
  • TobyToby Posts: 91
    ...bought my ticket. Take care all.
    I should start planning, don't wanna lose my international Super Show streak.
    JamieD said:

ctowner1 said:

e
    L nny

Thanks, @JamieD ! Looks like they will be home vs. Syracuse - hope it can be fit into the weekend schedule!

e
    L nny
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Hmmm. Maybe. We might be going to Orlando in March, though, so I don't know if the money or time will be there for traveling so soon afterward. But maybe.
  • Marty_DevineMarty_Devine Posts: 57
    edited October 2012
    ctowner1 said:

JamieD said:

ctowner1 said:

e
    L nny

Thanks, @JamieD ! Looks like they will be home vs. Syracuse - hope it can be fit into the weekend schedule!

e
    L nny

Coca Cola Park is a great place to catch a game. Almost as good as Reading. Almost.
  • kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    Hoping to go, if I can squeeze it into my semester. And I am in on the baseball, if it is workable.
    Daft question...is baseball suitable to take a 6yr old along to (in terms of crowd behaviour), might just be me and the wee man attending this time around?
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    @Gargoyle - Yes, age six is fine, we started taking our son to ballgames earlier than that and we never had a problem with the crowd, neither at Wrigley or US Cellular. He did get tuckered out and fell asleep and at a couple games, he also wanted to go exploring as much of the ballpark as we could.

Totally agree on that, @gargoyle - I've been taking my kids to baseball games since they were 3! Plus the minor league parks tend to be extremely family-friendly. I don't know about the Iron Pigs stadium, but many of the ones I've been to have bouncy castles and stuff like that (although at 6 - guess he/she's beyond that anyway? I forget lol).

e
    L nny
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Gargoyle said:

Daft question...is baseball suitable to take a 6yr old along to (in terms of crowd behaviour), might just be me and the wee man attending this time around?

Probably the best time to start, in fact. They're old enough to be able to really follow the action if they're interested, or to be bribed with merchandise and food if they're not. Always worked for me, anyway... I was never a sports fan, but a hat and a hot dog or a bag of popcorn kept me happy while my parents watched the game.

Of course, I actually like baseball now, but it always makes me hungry. :D
  • Just did a quick MapQuest thing for directions to the Iron Pigs park from Wyomissing. It's approximately an hour drive one way. FYI for any possible planning. It is a nice place with lots of kid-centric entertainment.
  • Comics + minor league baseball? That's a win-win! I'm in too (depending on the time, as I hope to be tabling at the show as well).

chris
    edited October 2012

Just did a quick MapQuest thing for directions to the Iron Pigs park from Wyomissing. It's approximately an hour drive one way. FYI for any possible planning. It is a nice place with lots of kid-centric entertainment.

a whole hour away? geez. isn't phillie closer than that?? (actually, just checked and I see it's about 15 miles further altho they are home that weekend, Sat night @7pm and Sunday @1:35pm)

and the Iron Pigs are playing: Fri 705pm, Sat. 635pm, Sun 1:35pm. Allentown is actually on my way to Reading. Anyone else coming to Reading from the Northeast direction? Perhaps a Friday night game, and then on to 3rd & Spruce??

e
    L nny

• When does the artist alley reservations begin?
  • Attention SuperShow Boosters! I am helping CGS promote and organize SuperShow, so I wanted to take this opportunity to provide updated info:

THE SKETCH RAFFLE: Beginning with their recording the week of Dec. 3rd, the CGS crew will draw a random name from those listeners who have purchased their tickets ahead of time. There will be a drawing roughly every week going forward. Each winner will pick up a free sketch from one of the artists appearing at the show. Thus far, the following artists have agreed to generously donate sketches to the raffle:
    J.K. Woodward, Fred Hembeck, Rudy Nebres, Matthew Petz, Erica Hesse, Danielle Corsetto, Michelle Sciutto, Bill Ellis, and Dan Sehn. We anticipate more artists will donate sketches in the days and weeks to come. We will leave it up to each artist as to whether or not they will take specific requests from the recipient. It goes without saying that it is in everyone's interests, the show and the listeners, that we sell a large number of tickets well before April. Hence, help us defray show costs, and help yourselves to a chance at a superb piece of artwork, by purchasing your SuperShow pass today!

ARTIST TABLES: If you are interested in reserving an exhibitor table at the show, please contact our beloved Pants at pants@comicgeekspeak.com Tables are filling up rapidly!

THE SUPERSHOW RAFFLE: WildPig Comics is providing the goods for two raffles during the show (Sat. and Sun.). If you've ever attended any of our NJ events, than you know we don't skimp when it comes to raffle prizes. Each raffle item will have an accompanying red cup. Raffle tickets are $1 a piece, and there is no limit on how many you purchase, and how many you place in a particular cup. Pre-ordered weekend passes receive three complimentary raffle tickets, and pre-ordered day passes receive one ticket (originally, weekend passes received two tickets, but we've increased it to three; those who have already purchased weekend passes will receive three tickets). Half of the proceeds from the SuperShow raffles will be donated to the CGS podcast. Here are the prizes:

-Batman Beyond Black & White Statue
    -Dark Knight Returns Black & White Statue
    -G.I. Joe Vol. 1 Deluxe Edition (IDW)
    -Avengers Vol. 1 Silver Age Omnibus
    -Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 Silver Age Omnibus
    -X-Men Age of Apocalypse Omnibus
    -Dark Knight Returns Absolute Edition
    -Crisis On Infinite Earths Absolute Edition (Hail Murd!)
    -V for Vendetta Absolute Edition
    -DC The New Frontier Absolute Edition
    -Kingdom Come Absolute Edition
    -All-Star Superman Absolute Edition
    -Fantastic Four by John Byrne Omnibus
    -Man-Thing by Steve Gerber Omnibus
    -Watchmen Absolute Edition
    -Ed Brubaker Set: Sleeper Omnibus, Criminal Deluxe Ed. HC, Incognito Deluxe Ed HC.
    -Green Lantern Sinestro Corps War Absolute Edition
    -Thor by Walt Simonson Omnibus
    -Gil Kane Amazing Spider-Man Artist Proof Edition (IDW)
    -Will Eisner Spirit Artist Proof Edition (IDW)
    -Dave Stevens Rocketeer Artist Proof Edition (IDW/2nd printing)
    -Batman#19 (Golden Age) in VG/F Condition

Stay tuned for further announcements regarding guests, additional raffle items, etc. in the days and weeks to come. Thanks for supporting the CGS SuperShow!

Best,
    Chris, WildPig Comics
    Better get my arse in gear then.
  • I may or may not be having a table, will get back to you guys!
  • Im just a simple kid from State College, PA and Ill be down with the pens and ink for my first artist alley at this show in 2013- The past guest lists and fan interest on here is really impressive. What do the folks that attend this show like to see from unknown artists- Im always open to sharpen my game at shows- thanks!
  • birdbird Posts: 3
    ctowner1 said:

Bought my weekend ticket today (let the original art raffles begin!! :D )

I also noticed that MoCCA is the same weekend as Supershow. Bummer!

BUT

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease DO NOT consider moving Supershow!! (or if you do, pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease DO NOT move it up a week to 3/30-31 (that's my roto baseball auction date!). OK? thanks! :^)

e
    L nny

Not only Mocca, but the next Carbo show as well. D'OH!
  • JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    I am pleased to confirm Sal Abbinanti will be at Supershow and we are in the planning stages for a Story time with Uncle Sal panel
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    JamieD said:

I am pleased to confirm Sal Abbinanti will be at Supershow and we are in the planning stages for a Story time with Uncle Sal panel

Does that mean Uncle Sal now definitely goes stand-up comedy....

• TobyToby Posts: 91
    Lenox274 said:

Im just a simple kid from State College, PA and Ill be down with the pens and ink for my first artist alley at this show in 2013- The past guest lists and fan interest on here is really impressive. What do the folks that attend this show like to see from unknown artists- Im always open to sharpen my game at shows- thanks!

Personally, I like to see a link to your stuff and the ability to commission weeks/months in advance so that I can put some $$ in your pockets.

Toby

Best part of this show is the access to artists---bar none. Hope to see you.
    JamieD said:

just great - now I can't bring my kids to supershow!! #-o

(s'ok, wasn't gonna bring them anyway! :^)

e
    L nny
  • PantsPants Posts: 567
    Toby said:

Lenox274 said:

Im just a simple kid from State College, PA and Ill be down with the pens and ink for my first artist alley at this show in 2013- The past guest lists and fan interest on here is really impressive. What do the folks that attend this show like to see from unknown artists- Im always open to sharpen my game at shows- thanks!

Personally, I like to see a link to your stuff and the ability to commission weeks/months in advance so that I can put some $$ in your pockets.

Toby

Best part of this show is the access to artists---bar none. Hope to see you.
    For now you can check out the guest list where there should be links to their websites. We'll keep updating that as best as we can so be sure to check back often.