Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Scarlet Spider?

Anyone else reading this series? I wanted to ask, because I rarely hear anybody talk about it on the podcast. I started with it because I had a soft spot in my heart for the character in the 90's, but this series is really one of my favs from Marvel right now.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited September 2012
    I'm reading it.

Or rather, I've read the first two issues.

The rest are in my to-read pile, as I'm behind on all of my comics.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    edited October 2012
    Absolutely! Scarlet Spider has been the sleeper hit of the last few months. Really enjoyed the last story arc with the Rangers and Roxxon. I'm looking forward to the upcoming cross over with Venom (that is a sentence that I would never, EVER have expected to type). Those two properties have come a loooong way since the 90's. Just goes to show what a good writer can do with even the most downtrodden character.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    It's almost weird though... this Scarlet Spider almost feels like the old Scarlet Spider, instead of being like the Kaine I remember.
  • Options
    I was buying just for the art cause I am a huge Ryan Stegman fan but I ended up really enjoying the stories.
  • Options
    It was waaaaay better than expected.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944

It was waaaaay better than expected.

And so is the new Venom series!
    5 years ago if I knew I would someday type "The Venom & Scarlet Spider crossover featuring Carnage is absolutely fantastic" I probably would have cut off my fingers. But it is true! The Prometheus Pit is reactivated! Journey to the Microverse! Guest appearance by the team that got me into comics all those many years ago!
    So. Much. FUN!