Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

NYCC 2012

So who's going? I'm planning on being there Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and Sunday w/the kids. Perhaps might come by on Thursday, too - depends on work.

Also planning on Rock Comic Con:

ROCK COMIC CON

Date: FRIDAY October 12, 2012
Time: Door 7:00 PM
Where: Rebel NYC 251 West 30th St. (Betw 7th and 8th Ave)
Cost: $12 online/$15 Door

ROCK COMIC CON is the first nerd rock music festival of its kind! Now in its 4th year, this comic book/sci-fi related concert event celebrates "Nerd" Rock, New York Comic Con and benefits the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund. It features phantasmagoric, hilarious and face melting nerd rock bands and LIVE ART created by Marvel, DC and Indie professionals! Surprise Special Guests and a chance to rock your inner nerd out! Art to Auction! Costumes encouraged! Buy your tickets today. www.RockComicCon.com

anyone else?? anything else going on??

e
L nny

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Nope. It's the last weekend of my proficiency exam period, so I'll be feverishly putting the finishing touches on my two long essays so I can graduate. Bummed, too, because Peter Davison is supposed to be there and as my first Doctor, he's a guy I've always wanted to meet.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I'll be manning the TwoMorrows booth (Booth #200).
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I'm going with my girlfriend.

Definitely Saturday, and trying to figure out the other day.

Of course, we could just end up going all three days.
  • Options
    brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    I'm pumped. So ready for this con.

It does suck a little that artist alley is in a separate part of the building. And it's open an hour longer than the rest of the show. Do the artists know that and do they like it?

Bry
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    Oh- didnt know they had switched the setup. Is podcast arena all the way on the north wall again? Where is artists alley in relation to that?

e
    L nny
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited October 2012
    Didn't even notice that the Artist Alley hours were longer. It may be the only way I get to see anybody there since they're not even on the same level as the rest of the show. I won't be able to leave the booth long enough to walk there during regular hours.

But I imagine a lot of guys won't be staying till eight. That's just too long a day.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    For those attending who have already done their homework- what programming has caught your eye?
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I'll be there on Sunday and I can't wait.
  • Options
    I'll be in Artist's Alley P-12
  • Options
    mrfusionmrfusion Posts: 186
    Hey would anyone be willing to pick one of these up in Medium for me?

I'll pay the cost + shipping.

After all, I actually DID survive the battle.....
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    Finally! It's this coming weekend! I will be there on Friday and Saturday. Been a while since I did a big con.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Issue of health in my girlfriend's family. Now neither of us are going.

Disappointed, but thems the breaks. Now I have to sell.
  • Options
    Mini-victory for me: Got $400 dollars for them.

Didn't think I'd be able to do that. Hell, thought I might top off at $300.
  • Options
    wow...weekend pass? what'd that cost originally $100 or so?
  • Options
    $65, before any other charges.
  • Options
    sweet! Guess that takes a little edge off of missing the show. Still...!
  • Options
    Yeah, really wish we had been able to go. On Saturday, we were just going to spend all day in the IGN theater.

But yeah, family priorities.

And she's not unhappy with the profit I made for her. She initially figured that money was lost.
  • Options
    hey..totally understandable...and there's always super Show in April! :^)
  • Options
    oh man!! The current baseball schedule is set up so that if the Yankees/Baltimore ALDS goes 5 games, the 5th and final game will be Friday at 5:07pm (possibly, at 707pm). I was planing on working a 1/2 day and getting to the show around 2 or 3. If the Yankees game is at 507, totally messes me up for being at NYCC. ugh!!

e
    L nny
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    ctowner1 said:

oh man!! The current baseball schedule is set up so that if the Yankees/Baltimore ALDS goes 5 games, the 5th and final game will be Friday at 5:07pm (possibly, at 707pm). I was planing on working a 1/2 day and getting to the show around 2 or 3. If the Yankees game is at 507, totally messes me up for being at NYCC. ugh!!

e
    L nny

This is when you must finally choose, Lenny: Comics or baseball? For too long you have tried to have both. But it is time for a choice.
  • Options
    David_D said:

ctowner1 said:

e
    L nny

This is when you must finally choose, Lenny: Comics or baseball? For too long you have tried to have both. But it is time for a choice.
    I'm thinking gordian knots: take Friday off from work and enjoy NYCC and leave at 4 for the game! lol

e
    L nny

• Options
    Hey, DoctorDoom, I'm pretty sure they're streaming the IGN theater this year. You might be able to catch some stuff!

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Whats-Happening/NYCC-Streaming/
  • Options
    Yankees win!! A win tomorrow and I am conflict free for nycc friday night!!
  • Options
    x/posting from another thread to see if i can get any advice, any thoughts would be much appreciated: So A last minute change to my schedule happened and I wanted to attend New York Comicon Friday. Upon checking the website it seems to be sold out with no tickets being sold at the door. What is the standard procedure here? Do they open up more tickets? Can I buy scalper tickets at the venue? Is there a secondary market for tickets I can look into? I would appreciate any advice from seasoned Con goers.
  • Options

x/posting from another thread to see if i can get any advice, any thoughts would be much appreciated: So A last minute change to my schedule happened and I wanted to attend New York Comicon Friday. Upon checking the website it seems to be sold out with no tickets being sold at the door. What is the standard procedure here? Do they open up more tickets? Can I buy scalper tickets at the venue? Is there a secondary market for tickets I can look into? I would appreciate any advice from seasoned Con goers.

Yea I was thinking the same thing about going last minute
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    I went today and there was a guy selling his tickets. No idea if anyone will be there tomorrow or how much they will want.
  • Options
    I was able to get tickets out front fairly easily, bought one from a scalper and one from a guy who was done with his.
  • Options
    Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself on the forums and thank Adam and the crew for an outstanding podcast! I never post on the forums but read them regularly (and didn't realize this was actually a new version of the forums). I wanted to make it a point to visit their booth at NYCC yesterday and had a very nice conversation with Adam. I am usually a bit shy to speak on forums or even in public, however the love of comics and the great discussions that arise from the podcast make me feel I am missing something pretty cool by not participating in discussion of something I love very much. Just want to say thanks again to the CGS crew for keeping me entertained and excited on a daily basis!
  • Options
    mrfusionmrfusion Posts: 186
    mrfusion said:

Hey would anyone be willing to pick one of these up in Medium for me?

After all, I actually DID survive the battle.....

Shirt Acquired. Thanks!

• Options

I was able to get tickets out front fairly easily, bought one from a scalper and one from a guy who was done with his.

what was the going rate for a ticket outside the show? At what time of the day (for day passes)/how much of the weekend left (for weekend passes)?

e
    L nny