Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News - Amazing Spiderman 2

luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Shailene Woodly is in talks to play Mary Jane in the second movie.

Whilst The Playlist is reporting the villain could be Electro.

All rumors at this point, but I think Electro could be a cool villain on the big screen. The whole Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy teen love triangle thing looks to be a given at this point though.

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    As if Amazing Spider-man wasn't reason enough for me to avoid the sequel, now this!

M
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    Personally, I thought Amazing Spider-Man was my favorite of all the recent Spidey movies. That's largely due to my distaste for Maguire & Dunst and the awful Green Goblin costume. I've not read much Spider-Man and know little about Electro so this possible casting doesn't bother me.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    JaxUr said:

Personally, I thought Amazing Spider-Man was my favorite of all the recent Spidey movies. That's largely due to my distaste for Maguire & Dunst and the awful Green Goblin costume. I've not read much Spider-Man and know little about Electro so this possible casting doesn't bother me.

I'm the opposite; I couldn't buy Andrew Garfields as Spider-man/PP, Sally Fields as Aunt May, or the Parkers & their relationship. Lizard/Connors was written & looked wrong, and I couldn't wait for the origin portion to be over. The soundtrack took me further out of the movie.

If you take the best parts of Spider-man 3 & ASM, you'd have a great "3rd" movie of a series. I felt no attachment to the death of Ben, angst of Peter, or cared about the story. Besides Emma & Denis Leary, there wasn't much I cared for in this movie.

This movie showed me I've seen my last Spider-man movie in the theaters with Spidey 3. (I've also seen my last Batman movie in the theaters with TDKR.)

M
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I really liked ASM for pretty much all the reasons @JaxUr mentioned, but I liked the first Raimi movie a lot, too, and I think I still mostly do (2 has not held up well to repeat viewings at all for me, and 3, well, I liked where the movie threw its hands up and said "I just don't care anymore" and gave us Dancin' Peter, but that's about it). But I'm perfectly okay with them approaching Spider-Man like the Bond movies and changing things up every few years to keep the series going. Some will be great, some will suck, but most will, at the very least, be entertaining.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392

I really liked ASM for pretty much all the reasons @JaxUr mentioned, but I liked the first Raimi movie a lot, too, and I think I still mostly do (2 has not held up well to repeat viewings at all for me, and 3, well, I liked where the movie threw its hands up and said "I just don't care anymore" and gave us Dancin' Peter, but that's about it). But I'm perfectly okay with them approaching Spider-Man like the Bond movies and changing things up every few years to keep the series going. Some will be great, some will suck, but most will, at the very least, be entertaining.

Well said, totally agree with you.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Jamie Foxx isn't bad he could probably do a good job.

I think I'll continue to see the movies in the theater because once they're out unless there's something very very great about them you won't have the opportunity to see them again that way.

Also I liked the cast of ASM head and shoulders over the previous cast.