Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mike Gallagher kicked off the show

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

Man, there's some vile, vile stuff being thrown around out there on the Interwebs.
    I think I'll give the social media some time off to cool down.

I have to say, it is a bit surprising.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    edited October 2012

Okay... now that that jerk Mike is off the show I can come back. ;)

Heh.

Seriously, what the deuce?
    I get out of the loop for a couple months* and all hell breaks loose? Oy.
    I've met Mike on a couple occasions, can't say I have a negative feeling about the fella.
    Well... if you discount he's a fan of Mike Deodato... but I digress. Heh.

This is Bryan's baby after all. It's his to powder, diaper and discipline.
    He can show us the baby photos and he can listen to suggestions on how to raise his kid.
    In the end, it's his crotchfruit. It's his call.
    He doesn't owe an explanation to me or any other listener... and I've been listening as long as anyone here.
    I'm sure all the sordid details will come to light, they most always do.
    If his parenting style bothers you, you can choose not to look at the baby pictures anymore.

That said, Hello everybody!

*12 months, if you're counting

The thing is it sounds like now it isn't Bryan's baby anymore. It sounded like Bryan didn't want to kick Mike off the show. But he was told to do it by this silent backer.

• Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    Man, this is some amazing kind of thread! Hey, I liked Mike a lot on CGS. But as I'm understanding this, how is it different from someone is invited into your house, you decide you don't want him in the house anymore. You have a good reason or you don't, it doesn't matter. It's your house. And it's no one else's business what you do in your house. End of story.

e
    L nny
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Whew! With Marty back I'm not "the old man" on the forums anymore! Welcome back! :)

Do you mean "Old man" meaning actual age or "Old Man" as in been around the forums for a long time. Cause I have been around the forums since either late 2005 or early 2006. Didn't post much back then.

• Options
    Peter said:

Facebook? What's that? :P

It is like Twitter without Farmville. You do know what Twitter is right?

• Options
    lee73 said:

I won't quote the whole post again, but "Elsiebub" nailed it. I read that Mr. Deemer said something along the lines of it being frustrating that people are speculating about things and don't know the whole story. I am sure it is, but when only one side is talking, that's the outcome you're going to get, unfortunately. It's obvious that Mike has his fair share of support here on the forum, and it was said before that things were amicable with Mike upon his leaving, but the way Peter is acting paint a very different picture.

Anyway, I hope everyone involved reads Elsiebub's post, it is spot on. I don't have a horse in this race, I wish the very best for all involved, it's just a little sad to see how it's taken a bit of a downhill turn the last day or so, that's all.

Like I told my first wife after we got divorced. "If you want to attack me do it to my face,don't be a coward and stab me in my back and then deny you did it." But she took the coward's way and tried all she could to stab me in the back many times over a 8 year period. Then when confronted about it would deny it everytime. Even when there was proof she was the one behind it.

• Options
    WetRats said:

Titans Together

Hey everyone! :-*

I don't want to go in to details but when Mike messaged me on facebook and started to trash talk Peter I absolutely lost any and all respect I had for him.
  • Options
    dubbat138 said:

Peter said:

Facebook? What's that? :P

It is like Twitter without Farmville. You do know what Twitter is right?

...Farmville?
  • Options

WetRats said:

Titans Together

I don't want to go in to details but when Mike messaged me on facebook and started to trash talk Peter I absolutely lost any and all respect I had for him.
    That seems to be going down on both side of this thing.

It's like a CGS version of Civil War. Just less important.

There will probably be some delays.
  • Options

That said, Hello everybody!

*12 months, if you're counting

WOW! welcome back Marty! Great to see ya!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Peter said:

- Thanks for The Daily Rios plug! Appreciate it! Subscribe!
    - There is no "we" or hate when it comes to Mike and I. I imagine people think I'm typing furiously with furrowed brow. When in fact, I'm in my undies, eating a salad and enjoying some down time. Don't get it twisted.

Ok got a simple question. If there is no hate between you and Mike. Why was Monday's episode of your show full of various video game "game over" music? Had you been on a marathon video game playing session that day and wanted to post the "game over" music from all the games you played? Or was it you "subtly" saying game over to Mike. Also in your Tuesday episode you take what seems to me be another "subtle" shot at Mike. So as I asked if there is no hate between you two why the two shots taken by you on two shows in a row?

• Options
    Hopefully, folks will keep their emotions reined in as the discussion continues and remember comcs are a very small community. You'd hate to get a rep that might hurt your job hunt now or in the future.

In other words, let's all try to keep it civil.
  • Options
    If anyone thinks those two things are "hate" - the art of wordplay is lost on ya. You should've kept quoting my post: The "I helped build CGS, bitches! You better believe I'm going to jump in when someone is degrading its value, even if I'm no longer on the show. Because unlike some, I know and understand and respect its history" part specifically.
    I knew you were going to re-quote that.

Call me Doomstradamus. Of course, should have posted before to get the credit.

• Options

In the end, it's his crotchfruit. It's his call.

WE GOTS OUR MARTY BACK, Y'ALL!!!!!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
  • Options

Peter is narcissistic and acted like a dick? AAAANNNNNDDDDDD???????

HA!
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

WetRats said:

Titans Together

Wow, it's like a high school reunion! Good see you're back, TT.

M
  • Options
    Big_Daddy_SummersBig_Daddy_Summers Posts: 84
    edited October 2012
    Will Mike be reintroduced at a later date, revamped as part of the genre shaking "CGS 52 Now!" line of podcasts?
  • Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    I don't get the joke, sorry. I'm old. :)

kfreeman said:

I rest my case.

kfreeman said:

Speculation, idle gossip, and the like, you know. This board uses to be above this kind of stuff a few years ago, and it arguably still is the best comics-related board out there. But it has still devolved to a considerable degree.

I'm your mamma, I'm your daddy I'm that noogie in the alley...

You know me, I'm your friend Your main boy, thick and thin. I'm your Pusher Man...

You don't get the joke/reference, @kfreeman?

Adding a bit of levity is an indication of devolution?

(The former, I can understand. The latter... we'll see)

• Options
    Get ready to hit the Off Topic button....

Here's my latest Facebook status update. It is a bit Pollyanna, but I thought a bit of positivity would be a nice change of pace for the thread.....

Taking a break from editing footage and recording sound today. To all my friends who have had a difficult time recently, remember that even the most beautiful photographs have some negative aspect to them in order to exist. To those who have found happiness and embrace it with all their hearts, your joys have given the gift of a loving smile to me and I thank you for that.....Ciao 4 Now.....
  • Options
    GargoyleGargoyle Posts: 199
    I feel like I should've come back later so that I could get in on all this "returning to the forum because of all the drama" action. My timing sucks.
  • Options

I'm just waiting for the ghost of Rodney King to rise and say:

"Can't we all just get along????"

In all seriousness, my feelings on this are similar to @Wetrats, @Marty_Devine, @ctowner1 & my homie @Jon_Carroll. It's sad to see so much of this aired publicly (whether it be one person Facebook ranting or various posts on a forum thread).

Although, it's crazy that it takes a situation like this to bring the 1st and 2nd gen forum users out of retirement. Where's my Stan Leroy shirt? LOL.

It's seems that the 1st and 2nd gen forum philosophic way (pre-social media) and how we conduct ourselves differ from the 3rd and 4th generation forum philosophic way (social media induced). Not pointing fingers, it's just a social thing; a social trend. Will it change? I don't know.

As someone that has worked in various media and information technology fields, when one is let go (for whatever reasons), it's over. No amount of ranting, name-calling, fussing, whether it be one-sided or not changes anything.

In the grand scheme of things, there are bigger problems in the world and universe than this. Let it go, and move on.

Go hug your wife, husband or significant other. tell them you love em'.

Go Celebrate 24 Hour Comic Book Day.

Go enjoy Indian Summer.

Go call an old friend and talk to them. Catch up with the real world.

Go read some comic books.

Go do something that brings love to your soul, not hate and fervor.

Go.

CGS was here before most of us (if not all of us) and they'll be here after folks leave the show or are asked to leave the show.

The one constant in life is change. Remember that.

And that's all I'm going to say. Peace.

-Shawn

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

Seriously, lets lock down this thread and prevent anymore commentary. This smacks of when Matt Guy said he didn't care for Mike Norton art and got attacked for it and marty and I spent 15 pages defending his right to criticize. David D, lock it down and prevent further commentary
  • Options
    mrfusionmrfusion Posts: 186
    You know who else tried to lock down forum topics? Hitler!

And with that, ladies and gentlemen, I invoke Godwin's Law and bring this thread to an end. Thank you and goodnight. :)
  • Options

Go enjoy Indian Summer.

Shawn

What Shawn said:

chris

• Options
    edited October 2012
    kfreeman said:

I don't get the joke, sorry. I'm old. :)

kfreeman said:

I rest my case.

kfreeman said:

Speculation, idle gossip, and the like, you know. This board uses to be above this kind of stuff a few years ago, and it arguably still is the best comics-related board out there. But it has still devolved to a considerable degree.

I'm your mamma, I'm your daddy I'm that noogie in the alley...

You know me, I'm your friend Your main boy, thick and thin. I'm your Pusher Man...

You don't get the joke/reference, @kfreeman?

Adding a bit of levity is an indication of devolution?

(The former, I can understand. The latter... we'll see)

Song's old too, @kfreeman.

You misspelled "used" as "uses", so I took the opportunity to post some lyrics from Curtis Mayfield's "Pusher Man".

http://www.metrolyrics.com/pusherman-lyrics-curtis-mayfield.html

It was all in good fun. I was a bit surprised at your reaction. Guess it was just the joke going over your head. (Unless you were joking as well)

• Options

Go enjoy Indian Summer.

Yeah, her films always have the best stuff.... ladies exclusive. ;)

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946

I'm just waiting for the ghost of Rodney King to rise and say:

"Can't we all just get along????"

In all seriousness, my feelings on this are similar to @Wetrats, @Marty_Devine, @ctowner1 & my homie @Jon_Carroll. It's sad to see so much of this aired publicly (whether it be one person Facebook ranting or various posts on a forum thread).

Although, it's crazy that it takes a situation like this to bring the 1st and 2nd gen forum users out of retirement. Where's my Stan Leroy shirt? LOL.

It's seems that the 1st and 2nd gen forum philosophic way (pre-social media) and how we conduct ourselves differ from the 3rd and 4th generation forum philosophic way (social media induced). Not pointing fingers, it's just a social thing; a social trend. Will it change? I don't know.

As someone that has worked in various media and information technology fields, when one is let go (for whatever reasons), it's over. No amount of ranting, name-calling, fussing, whether it be one-sided or not changes anything.

In the grand scheme of things, there are bigger problems in the world and universe than this. Let it go, and move on.

Go hug your wife, husband or significant other. tell them you love em'.

Go Celebrate 24 Hour Comic Book Day.

Go enjoy Indian Summer.

Go call an old friend and talk to them. Catch up with the real world.

Go read some comic books.

Go do something that brings love to your soul, not hate and fervor.

Go.

CGS was here before most of us (if not all of us) and they'll be here after folks leave the show or are asked to leave the show.

The one constant in life is change. Remember that.

And that's all I'm going to say. Peace.

-Shawn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQhbf_I4GDU