Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

New (to us, at least) Quantum and Woody on Comixology soon

Comments

• Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    I was at the NYCC Valiant panel and they said they do have plans for Quantum and Woody beyond this.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I have all the trades - they're treasured parts of my collection. I will say if Priest isn't at the helm of this new effort, though, I will proceed with caution.

If you haven't read Q&W in your life, ever? You need to get on this...it's brilliant, funny, and just one of those books that'll make you smile.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    @Torchsong : I'll get it - if I don't like it I'll just blame you and when I do like it, well, then it was all thanks to my good tastes.

:>
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    bats00 said:

I was at the NYCC Valiant panel and they said they do have plans for Quantum and Woody beyond this.

That is awesome news, thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727

@Torchsong : I'll get it - if I don't like it I'll just blame you and when I do like it, well, then it was all thanks to my good tastes.

:>

I would imagine the back issues aren't too expensive. Actually taking a quick browse through comiccollectorlive.com, the most expensive issue was the first one which was $1.50. If you don't get at least a dollar's worth of entertainment bare minimum (since that's what most of them were) out of each issue, your tastes are vastly different than mine.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    @John_Steed - it starts out guns-a-blazin' with great humor and just enough drama to keep the roller coaster going. Toward the end it begins to falter as it takes itself too seriously and tries to become a "bona-fide superhero" book instead of sticking to what made it great in the first place - the humor. It's still worth reading even at that point, though...Priest is a great writer and MD Bright is one of the most underappreciated artists out there.

I can almost guarantee you'll like the first 10 issues or so...if you don't, there's something wrong with you! :)
  • Options
    I remember the Woody & Quantum books when they first came out -- think I still have the first few -- but I really wasn't won over. I was always surprised that they were held in such high regard by so many people. I really couldn't get past the first few issues so I don't know what everybody else saw in them, but I've always found Christopher Priest to be one of those off-and-on writers. Still, I've seen a lot worse...

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Torchsong said:

Priest is a great writer and MD Bright is one of the most underappreciated artists out there.

Truth. I've never understood why Bright didn't become a superstar, his artwork has been consistently fantastic for years.

And you know, I've never read this book, either. I should probably correct that one of these days.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Now I'm really eager to cast my eyes unto these books - can't wait for next month. 3:-O
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I missed my noogies.