Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1289 Talkback: Comic Talk: News Edition

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited October 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
There was a lot of news coming out of New York Comic Con as well as after the con was over. We discuss IDW's announcements, Cartoon Network pulling DC Nation off the air, Scott Snyder and Jim Lee on a new Superman title, the SHIELD TV series pilot and more. (55:15)

Listen here.

Comments

• luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I like these news catch up episodes.

I'm looking forward to the Mars Attacks crossover from IDW that Murd mentioned. I'd like to have got the ongoing. Just couldn't afford another monthly series though. So I'll have to get a couple of these crossovers instead. Ghostbusters will be awesome and I'll probably get Transformers too, although I'm really interested to see how they work in Popeye. I heard they're to play by the rules of the non-Mars Attacks universes. Think Popeye could be a funny one.

Pants! How could you not have taped a quick interview with Uncle Sal for us all! :D
  • John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    IDW keeps publishing awesome stuff B-)
  • ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    ^Yep, I'm particularly looking forward to the Mars Attacks Cerebus one-shot.

And Shane: I'm not sure if you're talking about the same Shade comics, but I'm 99% sure I just heard about a solicit for the recently completed 12-issue Shade series being collected in a regular trade paperback. Not an Absolute. Not a hardcover. But not an Omnibus either. Just a regular softcover trade. Which is sort of a shame. (I particularly liked the three issues drawn by Frazer Irving.)
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I went to the same university as one Frazer Irving. Unfortunately, he was there a few years before me. Darn!
  • JDickJDick Posts: 206
    That DC Nation thing was some bullshit. My daughter and I sat down to watch every week (she is 4 and loved "young justice league"). I always thought these networks thought stuff out well in advance but this certainly wasn't.