Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Detroit Fanfare October 26-28th, Anyone going?

I'm heading up to Detroit this weekend for th Detroit Fanfare. Second year of this show, and it's in a new location. Anyone else going up there? Bill Morrison is the big draw for me, but also looking forward to Nick Specer as well.

Comments

• Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    I may have to head up there. I live pretty close. I'll see if I can make it!
  • Options
    Actually, this is the third year for this show, and it is actually returning to its original home at the Hyatt Regency.

I thought last year was great, but Cobo was, admittedly, too big for the show. In a few years, they might build up to need that venue, but it will take a little time.

I'd love to go, but my sister's birthday is this same weekend, so between work and that, I don't see it happening. I might be able to sneak out for a bit on Sunday, but I'm not counting on it.
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284

Actually, this is the third year for this show, and it is actually returning to its original home at the Hyatt Regency.

I thought last year was great, but Cobo was, admittedly, too big for the show. In a few years, they might build up to need that venue, but it will take a little time.

I'd love to go, but my sister's birthday is this same weekend, so between work and that, I don't see it happening. I might be able to sneak out for a bit on Sunday, but I'm not counting on it.

Huh, I never knew about it that first year! Being in a hotel I was a little worried it would be really small, but you are right Cobo was way too big. It was fun last year, hope to get some good finds and have some fun, been a while since I have been to a con. Any good shops around I should check out while in the area?