Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Smallville Season 11

Continuing from the thread I made on the old forum, heres an interview IGN recently did with Bryan Q. Miller:

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/122/1221300p1.html

Comments

• Options
    BrianBaerBrianBaer Posts: 80
    Thanks for posting this. I'm looking forward to this series quite a bit.
  • Options
    I wonder how long it will be until they bring Lana back. She annoyed me on the show but I thought they always needed another episode to show that Clark had properly moved on from Lana and not just been forced apart then settled for Lois.
  • Options
    Has it come out yet? Isn't it supposed to be digital first? Because I was going to ask if it was worth getting the issues?

Does Clark's face on the Previews Solicitation look weird, or is that just me?
  • Options
    HappenstanceHappenstance Posts: 113
    edited March 2012
    First issue comes out on the 13th of April.

Do you mean this cover?

If so yeah he doesnt look right. Thats the Gary Frank one right?
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I like that cover but not as much as the other one.
  • Options
    First issue comes out on the 13th of April.

Do you mean this cover?

If so yeah he doesnt look right. Thats the Gary Frank one right?
    Yeah, that is the cover. It's like they tried to capture Tom Welling's face but something about the proportions in relation to the body or the angle of the face makes it look weird.

Of course, this is just the cover and the interior could easily be different. The cover is by Gary Frank but the interior will be by Pere Perez.

Anyone read anything by either Bryan Q Miller (writer) or Pere Perez (artist)?

Anyone looking forward to anything in this series?
  • Options
    It's an awkward angle, I think. That certainly doesn't help.
    I haven't read much from that creative team. I did enjoy Miller's Smallville episodes, though. And I've heard nothing but good things about their run on Batgirl.
  • Options
    Yep Ive got all of Batgirl in trade and it was one of my favourite books coming out of DC at that time. Still sad that we lost it when we got the new 52 but im excited to see Smallville carry on. Im not a fan Superman since the relaunch so im hoping this book will give me my enjoyment back.
  • Options
    I enjoyed Smallville but and I the only one that it kinda bothers that this is continued continuity from the show?

I just feel like it messes up the ending of the show a little.
    Of coarse I know that if you do not like it...just don't read it, and the ones who do can.
  • Options
    I enjoyed Smallville but and I the only one that it kinda bothers that this is continued continuity from the show?

I just feel like it messes up the ending of the show a little.
    Of coarse I know that if you do not like it...just don't read it, and the ones who do can.
    It does mess it up to a degree because the story was 'finished' but Buffy is 'finished' and Angel was 'finished' but they continued and are going from strength to strength.

Plus it really can't be called Smallville anymore.

But we could get the Batman introduction that the show was trying to do for a long time.

Looking at:
    Is Superman's (not Clark anymore) left leg there or has he had it amputated.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    not gonna condemn the book (but not gonna be buying it either). that is one silly looking cover.
  • Options
    Issue 1 is available to buy now. I just finished reading it.

I think I was expecting something a bit longer but I guess for $0.99 I cant complain. It was a nice enough read, quickly reintroducing Metropolis and some characters but im looking forward to getting into a proper story.
  • Options
    Issue 1 is available to buy now. I just finished reading it.

I think I was expecting something a bit longer but I guess for $0.99 I cant complain. It was a nice enough read, quickly reintroducing Metropolis and some characters but im looking forward to getting into a proper story.
    Thanks for letting me know. Why wasn't this released on the regular new comic day?
  • Options
    Not sure, I just saw Miller mention it on twitter, he didnt say why it was early.
  • Options
    ...um, shouldn't issue 4 be out by now?
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
  • Options
    ^Friday.
    I thought there wasn't one last Friday. Hurm. These non-Wednesday releases are throwing me off.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Here's the schedule.

Chapter 4 - May 18
    Chapter 5 - May 25
    Chapter 6 - June 1
    Chapter 7 - June 15
    Chapter 8 - June 22
    Chapter 9 - June 29
    Chapter 10 - July 13
    Chapter 11 - July 20
    Chapter 12 - July 27