Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Daredevil: The End (potential spoilers)

I had been holding on to this one for a week or two to have a quiet chance to read this in one sitting, and I wasn't disappointed. I have been excited for this project ever since Bendis started talking about it years ago, and I thought the first issue was a very strong start, and in opportunity to get Sienkiewicz work, even when his work is mixed with others, is a big deal.

I've always loved the concept of these Marvel "The End" stories. Along with those few and far between works like "Whatever Happened to the Man Of Tomorrow" and The Dark Knight, they give us the thing that we never get in the continous superhero serial: an end. Sure, they tend to be grim. I don't think there has been a happy ending yet that I've seen. But I enjoy seeing creators (especially ones who have had a long relationship to the characters) imagine a final statement on them. And the process is not as emotionally or artistically fraught as an *actual* finale, as it is just a sort of elseworld anyway.

The first issue of Daredevil: The End covered a lot of ground, and has already showed us a lot of the big moments we would expect to see from an "End" book. I'm excited that, on top of that, a mystery is introduced, and there are still 7 issues left, which would lead me to believe we are going to get to see a lot of the steps and beats that will help earn the "End". Good stuff.

Anyone else reading this?

Comments