Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Hostess Fruit Pie Ads

2»

Comments

• Options
    This one was always my favorite, drawn by either Pollard or Perez, I think... Love that building!

I think I have recounted this story before on the forums, but here goes: When I was about 10, I got a wild OCD itch to somehow collect, organize, and preserve the Hostess ads from all of my comics... my vast collection of about 500.

So, I cut the ads out of every one of my comics, until I had one of each ad I could find. I punched holes in them and placed them into a 3-ring binder. And then, marveling at my handiwork, I suddenly came to the realization of what I had done. I wept for my atrocities.

True story.
  • Options
    BListerBLister Posts: 23
    David_D said:

Um. . . I always liked that Frut Pie is a magician. I wish he was in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. If there were no laws, I would do a comic that was like the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for kids marketing characters. And Fruit Pie would be front and center.

Read "Breakfast of the Gods". (Google it)
  • Options
    BLister said:

breakfastofthegods.com/

I have read it, and it's brilliant. My take on it at the time was "What if Alan Moore wrote an epic about cereal mascots?" It's definitely worth the read.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

BLister said:

breakfastofthegods.com/

I have read it, and it's brilliant. My take on it at the time was "What if Alan Moore wrote an epic about cereal mascots?" It's definitely worth the read.
    Read the first 2 books so far. And gonna read book 3 before going to bed. Like it enough I am gonna order the TPB of it.

• Options
    I can honestly say that the Captain Marvel Hostess ad (with Nitro as the villain) was what made me go out and buy my first Captain Marvel comic. I was a big fan of the character before I became the forum's biggest fan of pie.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Tonebone said:

This one was always my favorite, drawn by either Pollard or Perez, I think... Love that building!

It’s probably Sal Buscema inked by Joe Sinnott. They did the majority of the Marvel Hostess ads, and I’m almost positive that at the very least Sinnott inked this one. It’s definitely not Pérez, and I don’t think Pollard did any of the ad work either.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    dubbat138 said:

BLister said:

breakfastofthegods.com/

Read the first 2 books so far. And gonna read book 3 before going to bed. Like it enough I am gonna order the TPB of it.

Read book 3 and it is great. But a few of the pages won't load. And I couldn't find a way to contact the creator to let them know.