Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals

anyone got any good ones?

I've seen....

James Bond 50th anniversary 22 movie set is on sale at amazon.com for $129. Rumor has it that it's going down to $109 as a goldbox deal on Saturday.

Also on amazon.com: maybe Firefly series blu-ray for $10 (the series DVD is on sale right now for $8)

Some really good prices at the TFAW.com Black Friday sale.

e
L nny

Comments

• Options
    I got blu rays. Thor for $9, Captain America for $9, The Crow and Iron Man 2 for $4 all of these at Best Buy. I took advantage of the Xbox bundle at Target for $199.
  • Options
    Scored Arkham Asylum for PS3 for $9!
  • Options
    Arkham City is on sale on steam for 7.49 and that's the collectors edition, it comes with all the dlc. I'm getting it right now and cant wait to play it.
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    the great thing is that so far I have missed every black friday/cyber monday deal i've gone after. :(

life keeps getting in the way and I remember to check back only to find I missed the deal.

sigh. no bond for me.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited November 2012
    I've never gone out of my way to do the whole post-Thanksgiving shopping thing. My Black Friday was spent in a tent with a stack of books and a New York Times Crossword puzzle. That said, upon returning from my camping excursion, I went online on Saturday evening, and early this morning, and purchased a couple items on a whim, both of which were on sale.

I bought the complete ROBOTECH DVD collection for $23.99 (17 discs with oodles of extras included several re-cuts of select episodes and the Sentinels series). I'm not a huge ROBOTECH fan, but I was in the '80s, and at that price I could afford to be nostalgic. *AMAZON.com*

I also purchased a 16GB SanDisk Extreme SD HC card, to replace the generic one I have now. The generic one works, but the contacts are worn, and I occasionally encounter errors as a result (especially in cold weather). *BEST BUY*
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited November 2012
    Girlfriend got me into Vampire Diaries.

Got the third season for ten bucks.

It's kind of a ritual.... we won't watch the season until it's on DVD. And then we'll buy the DVD when it's on sale at Wal-Mart on Black Friday. (This is the third year we've done this)
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

I've never gone out of my way to do the whole post-Thanksgiving shopping thing. My Black Friday was spent in a tent with a stack of books and a New York Times Crossword puzzle. That said, upon returning from my camping excursion, I went online on Saturday evening, and early this morning, and purchased a couple items on a whim, both of which were on sale.

I bought the complete ROBOTECH DVD collection for $23.99 (17 discs with oodles of extras included several re-cuts of select episodes and the Sentinels series). I'm not a huge ROBOTECH fan, but I was in the '80s, and at that price I could afford to be nostalgic. *AMAZON.com*

I also purchased a 16GB SanDisk Extreme SD HC card, to replace the generic one I have now. The generic one works, but the contacts are worn, and I occasionally encounter errors as a result (especially in cold weather). *BEST BUY*

Good thing a certain poster isn't around anymore. Or you would be told how you are not a true fan of animation cause you got Robotech instead of the 3 Animes it was made up from.

But anyway that is a great deal. I got my youngest son the first season of Robotech earlier this year and paid 20 bucks for it.

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    My Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping Haul. These are all gifts for me (you reach a certain age... :) ):

Blu-Rays - Prometheus ($10), Thor ($8), Captain America ($8), Cabin in the Woods ($8)
    Figs/Dolls - I have now purchased a second doll from Tonner. Elektra. They had a 30% off sale and I couldn't resist it. Yes, I know. Seriously loss of guy points. I'll put on a dress and sashay around for you. :)
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Torchsong said:

My Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping Haul. These are all gifts for me (you reach a certain age... :) ):

Blu-Rays - Prometheus ($10), Thor ($8), Captain America ($8), Cabin in the Woods ($8)
    Figs/Dolls - I have now purchased a second doll from Tonner. Elektra. They had a 30% off sale and I couldn't resist it. Yes, I know. Seriously loss of guy points. I'll put on a dress and sashay around for you. :)

Nice you got three great films and one that is just average. But all at great deals. I can't say anything about the Tonner doll,cause currently I have a Ginger Spice Doll sitting on top of my computer.

• Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    Dark Horse had everything in their digital library at 50% off. I dropped $110 without breaking a sweat.