Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1305 Talkback: Comic Talk

After some discussion on our Thanksgiving and Black Friday activities we dive into some comic talk. We discuss in some detail (that means spoilers!) Amazing Spider-Man #698, Jamie gives his thoughts on the 'Arrow' TV show and we get some history of Ultron in anticipation of the upcoming 'Age of Ultron' event from Marvel in 2013. (1:00:36)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited November 2012
    The kid Harry is holding in ASM #698 is his son, Lily Hollister (Menace) is the mother.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Janet Van Dyne, the Wasp coming back...consider it done. Read the last four issues of Bendis' Avengers, #31-34
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited November 2012
    Yup, I was gonna say Janet is back.

Glad you guys liked ASM 698 too...it was a hell of an issue.

Funny how Marvel is saying Ultron finally wins in Age of Ultron and now controls the world...he controlled a huge chunk of the galaxy in Annihilation: Conquest. Not that the Avengers cared.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    Greg said:

Janet Van Dyne, the Wasp coming back...consider it done. Read the last four issues of Bendis' Avengers, #31-34

I know I just didnt want to take to much poop for spoiling it
  • Options
    JamieD said:

Greg said:

I know I just didnt want to take to much poop for spoiling it

It hasn't been talked about much anywhere, she was already on a cover of a book solicited for January or February if I remember right and I think that I saw that before I had a chance to read those last four Bendis issues.

Like I've said before I see Wasp as one of the big three of the Avengers with Cap and Thor and I'm glad to see her back.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    edited November 2012
    Regarding the house used as the exterior for the Queen Mansion and the Luther Mansion, it's called Hatley Castle. Hatley Castle has also been used as the exterior for the Xavier Institute in the original X-Men movies and as the Legacy House in Poltergeist: The Legacy. It's in Colwood, British Columbia.

You could also see The Vancouver Block in the background of episode 4. It was used as the exterior of Oliver's building in Smallville.

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    edited December 2012
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Yup, I was gonna say Janet is back.

Glad you guys liked ASM 698 too...it was a hell of an issue.

Funny how Marvel is saying Ultron finally wins in Age of Ultron and now controls the world...he controlled a huge chunk of the galaxy in Annihilation: Conquest. Not that the Avengers cared.

Well in their defense there was no way the Avengers would have known.

Quick note: Doc Ock is suffering from damage from all the years of being beaten up by Spidey as well as other heroes and villains. He only has extra arms, besides that he's a normal human being who has had multiple concussions, hits to the head and body. Basically his body can't take anymore damage. I don't think he has cancer...but I don't think the switch happened before #698.

Slott did kill the ending.

EDIT: (Oh Pants just explained it...)
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    The Avengers should have known what was going on. Considering the scale of the Phalanx's conquest I don't think there is a good excuse as to why they weren't involved.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    Let's not forget that they were locked in with the phalanax and nothing could get in or out of Kree space including communication signals.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Yeah, loved ASM 698 and 699...waiting for 700. Can't see Arrow. Whoa, loved hearing that Ultron history. It takes me back so much! He's got such a rich back story as a villain, I hope Bendis doesn't blow it. Funny story about Janet being back: I stopped getting the Avengers with #30 because I thought, Hey it's ending why bother continuing--even though Bendis promised something exciting was gonna happen. Well, I can get some back issues at my friends' comic shop in Kobe when I visit. So, I saw an issue of #33 and I said to myself: "Is that Janet?" Omigod! It is! She's back! Wow...