Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

CGS West Coast Assemble - we got swag (part deux)!

2»

Comments

• Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited July 2012
    Tonight's turnout wasn't as crowded as I'm sure the shop would have liked.
    When all was said and done, there were even a few extra copies of the free Walking Dead first trade the shop was giving out to the first 25 attendees. I suspect a few people opted to pass on the freebie on account they already owned it. Despite the rather unimpressive turnout (I'm sure the fact that many Bay Area folks are already en route to the San Diego Con. Heck, even several store employees weren't in attendance on account of being in Southern California.)

Despite the smaller than anticipated crowd, the event was fun. The store played Walking Dead episodes (they adjusted the television screen to B&W to give them a more dramatic effect).
    They also had a Walking Dead PS3 game hooked up for attendees to play.
    Various zombie foods (such as the Rice Krispies treats brains shown below) were served, as were some zombie-inspired alcoholic beverages.

edited July 2012
    Just a heads up:
    My brother-in-law will be costarring in Shady Shakespeare's production of Pericles. Now you may be wondering, "Why am I announcing this on geek forum?" Good question. Like most modern interpretations of Shakespeare's works, this production is themed, and in this case that theme is sci-fi. Imagine a rarely performed Shakespearean play that includes homages to Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, etc....
    Tickets are very affordable ($15 - $10). If you live anywhere near the South Bay consider attending. Click on the image below for more details.

The cast list provides some insight as to which movies will be incorporated into the production.
    http://www.shadyshakes.org/season/theplays/cast_pericles.php
    edited August 2012
    I saw the show tonight.
    It was a BLAST!
    Add Doctor WHO, Stargate, Alien, Flash Gordon, Close Encounters, Mortal Kombat, and other iconic sci-fi imagery to the list of shows this production pays homage to.
    Here are a few photos I snapped (sorry some are out of focus, but no flash photography was permitted during this outdoor production.

• For those in the PNW, Comics Dungeon in Seattle is having their anniversary sale this coming weekend. Back issues at 50%, etc. etc. They have a moderate selection of back issues, and a cool wall of silver/bronze age books which are included in the sale. I'm planning to be there, barring anything coming up.
    CGS West Coast roll call. Who here plans to attend this year's alternative press expo. (APE)?

http://www.comic-con.org/ape/
    I realize some consider thread necromancy to akin to a cardinal sin, but I assure you, I so so for a just cause. Comics Conspiracy, located in Sunnyvale Ca, just relocated. Today (August 2nd, 2017) is the store's soft grand opening and Saturday, August 5th will be the store's official grand opening celebration. If you're anywhere near the South Bay, come on out - they've got swag. They also have back issues.... lots of them.

http://www.comicsconspiracy.biz/