Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
  • Options
    fxmattfxmatt Posts: 78
    I think the comics would have been the only reason to buy the gum.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    The gum was hard to chew and lost it's flavor instantly. However, there was a real charm in having gum wrapped in mini comic strips.
  • Options
    Really wrong. Signs of the apocalypse.
  • Options
    I have a question for the people decrying the end of the strips: When's the last thing you bought the gum? I haven't even seen it in a few years...the 5 cent price doesn't make enough profit to justify the shelf space.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207

I have a question for the people decrying the end of the strips: When's the last thing you bought the gum? I haven't even seen it in a few years...the 5 cent price doesn't make enough profit to justify the shelf space.

Some of the supermarkets here in Bismarck still sell it in bulk.
  • Options
    I bought a pack of the gum for my son over the summer.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946

Almost every weekend I get a box of Boston Baked Beans and Bazooka from Dollar Tree, which has about twenty or so pieces and its enough gum to get me through the week and share with the kids. When they don't have Bazooka in stock I get Big League Chew or Dubbble Bubble.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Greg said:

Almost every weekend I get a box of Boston Baked Beans and Bazooka from Dollar Tree, which has about twenty or so pieces and its enough gum to get me through the week and share with the kids. When they don't have Bazooka in stock I get Big League Chew or Dubbble Bubble.
    I used to love Big League Chew. The gum of choice when playing baseball.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

Greg said:

I used to love Big League Chew. The gum of choice when playing baseball.
    Yep Big League Chew was huge in teeball and the early years of little league. Then once you hit 12 or so ,since I live in the deep deep south,most of the kids switched over to skoal. Nasty nasty stuff.
  • Options
    Big League Chew actually tasted great but the real appeal was it made you feel like you were a real Major League player with a pack of Redman in your back pocket.