Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1209 Talkback: A Conversation with Dave Wachter on 'Night of 1000 Wolves'

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited March 2012 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
Dave Wachter returns to the show to discuss his upcoming book from IDW 'Night of 1000 Wolves' as well as his other recent projects. (1:20:24)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic interview, guys! I loved hearing more about the decision making for the art in different books and projects.

Yes <3 for the Gypsy Cafe!
  • Options
    Thanks for the interview, guys! It was a lot of fun. I appreciate it!
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    Well, I tried. That was actually a good guess with Killer Croc, but you were off by about a year or two.
  • Options
    Adam_MurdoughAdam_Murdough Posts: 506
    edited March 2012
    Do try again, Kyle! You almost had me! (Just try to ask questions with more concise, definite answers next time, 'kay? :) )
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    The funny part is that the question that I felt the most guilty about including was the one where I had to comb through the internet to find a rare one-off obscure factoid from a pre-Marvel Atlas/Timely book. I was quite proud of the (as you put it) misdirection in the Transformers question. I pictured @RoyalLantern listening to that question, knowing the answer right away, and saying to himself "I wish I thought of that one."

But I think I've got a replacement set of three questions. This time, concise, definite answers that will be challenging (I hope) but fair. While the prize is definitely nice, the challenge of muddling Murd while still playing fair is the fun part.

But back to the main part of the episode, when is the first issue of this Wolf book coming out? I think Jamie sold me on his "I don't usually like horror comics, but I like this" spiel because I also don't usually like horror comics but I'll like anything if it's GOOD.

Will the wolves from this story be put on a shirt? That's the most important question.
  • Options
    The creator interviews are exceptional, so thanks for posting another great one. Also, the book sounds fantastic!
  • Options
    RobAndersonRobAnderson Posts: 553
    This is another book I'm extremely excited about. The writer, Bobby Curnow, wrote a Godzilla Legends story I really enjoyed (with Dean Haspiel, about a retired daredevil who tries to climb Godzilla), and like many folks here, I'm a huge fan of Dave Wachter's art. So these two should be quite a team.

Did you see those freaking preview pages for Night of 1,000 Wolves? WOW!

Great interview. Pre-ordered!