Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1309 Talkback: Catching up with Ron Marz

Ron Marz is writing quite a lot of comics currently. He joins us to discuss his many projects which include Shinku, Prophecy, Artifacts, Magdalena, The Protectors and Ravine. Throw in some talk about Star Wars, football, hammers and razors and you got yourself a show. (1:09:27)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2012
    Nice interview. I always like it when the conversation strays to sports or family.

My own family "hammer" story. My Dad was putting a new roof on a friends house. His brother was working next to him, both were using a rigging axe. Somehow my Dad ended up taking an axe to the head. This was back in the 70's, so being the bad ass that he was he wrapped his head with a dirty T Shirt and kept on working.
    Don't know how smart that was, but I have to admit that the older I get the more I admire the bad assness of my Dad and his brothers.

Btw, the popping noise made me think that Chuck Barris was somewhere in the room.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Great interview!! I really like Ron, as a writer and an all around good guy and a little talk outside of comics is always nice.

No hammer or razor stories from me, nothing as bad as that..I think, maybe.

When I was about 4/5 years old I slammed a door on my little sister's hand, she lost a good portion of the pinkie finger, she's got a lil' nub of bone sticking out like a claw. She never lets me forget about it.

Involving my own kids, my wife will tell you I'm the mama hen and that I'm too over protective. Since the day the kids were brought home I watch over them like a hawk. The one time I let my daughter and her friends go play off of our block, she got attacked by a dog and to this day I can't let it go.

My wife on the other hand can tell you some stories. The one that comes to mind this time of year is when she got the Christmas tree decorated and turned the lights on for our son who was just over a year old at the time. She goes to get him and she can't find him. She's looking and calling for him then notices the lights on the tree are out. She goes to check the plug and finds our boy back there chewing on the lights, and finds empty sockets but no bulbs around on the floor, in his hand or mouth. Thankfully the bulbs were found stuffed in his britches and not somewhere in his digestive tract.
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    rebis said:

Btw, the popping noise made me thing that Chuck Barris was somewhere in the room.

=))
  • Options
    What was the popping nose?
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    This was an awesome episode that ran a whole gamut of topics: sports, child-rearing, writer/artist synergy, etc. I think I got the first 2 or 3 issues of Prophecy and I regret not continuing with it. I hope I can get that football comic.