Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Amazing Spider-Thread

It's time for the Big Summer Story in Spider-Man, and the first part of Ends of the Earth is now out. I like the set up, and I also like how Slott is following up on plot threads he's laid for a LONG time in the story. Very little in the way of super-hero action occurs, but all of the pieces are in place for the story. Doc Oc is plotting something huge, he's doing it in a way that makes people think he's going to try to go out as a good guy, and Peter Parker's perfect job is in trouble.

Good stuff going on in this series!

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Slott's run on ASM is right next to Hickman's FF as my favorite stuff coming out of Marvel.
    I'm hoping that Slott gets a chance on FF when Hickman is done in the fall.

I've been looking forward to seeing what Doc Oc has been working up to.

I also think Peter's job at Horizon was in trouble from the start. Not sure how it'll go down but you can't pull off what Pete's been doing long term without some of those geniuses figuring it out or Pete getting caught. Unless Slott isn't going to play it that way.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    ASM under the direction of Dan Slott is the BEST the title has been in well over a decade. Slott has been doing a great job of moving characters forward and introducing new concepts, while respecting the past and showing his love of the marvel universe. Peter Parker has stepped out of Spidey's shadow and is the real hero of the book.
  • Options
    I have to say I have loved Spider-Man since One More Day. That period, as well as Slotts run have been the best Spidey has been in awhile. I may not have liked the dissolution of the marriage but they have told some awesome stories since then.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    The only issue I haven't liked since he took over was the one right after Johnny died and he showed up in the Fantastic 4 outfit and they all called him a jerk. It wasn't in character and it didn't follow up to the one-shot before it. I'm not even sure that was Slott writing but it left a bad taste. Otherwise I've been enjoying everything going on with it.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Looking forward to this.