Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Shia LaBeouf is NOT SATISFIED!

Okay...he can make the Indiana Jones movies a bad memory. I can forgive it. I have the first three.

Fine, he can single-handedly ruin the Transformers movies. I still have my toys and the old cartoon to console me.

The man just put out TWO "graphic novels" if you want to call them that, and I've just heard from two comic book stores who are excited to be carrying them. Look for "Let's F***ing Party" and "Cyclical" to show up at a store near you soon...if you've managed to somehow piss off a deity or something, I don't know...

Is there a goddamn hidden camera around here? Is someone making a joke? Seriously? All you have to do now is join the Saints, LaBeouf!

Comments

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Think I'm Joking?!?

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited March 2012
    Really, single highhandedly ruined Transformers? Come on now, Megan Fox was in it, Michale Bay directed it, and the writers clearly did not do their research on the line. I actually think Shia was one of the very few things that weren't 100% garbage about the movie. Don't get me wrong he wasn't wonderful but when looking at all the other factors it's hard to say he was the sole reason why the movie was ruined.
    I agree with you on the first two. But in the third? He was garbage.

But I blame the writers for that.
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    Admittedly, I haven't been a fan of Sam the Beef since the second season of Project Greenlight, which made me pretty much detest him. Then that last Indiana Jones film came around. I didn't think it was possible for me to like him less, but I was proven wrong.

As for the Transformers movies, I have to agree - there are so many factors that made those terrible. Don't give Shia LaBeouf more credit than he deserves.

What were we talking about? Oh, yeah. Anyway, though, those "graphic novels" look terrible. And there are two stores excited to be carrying them? Is that how far comic shops have fallen? So desperate for any kind of buzz to draw in customers that they are excited about something that doesn't look as good as most of the Kinko's-stapled offerings from the smallest Artist Alleys, just because it has a famous name slapped on it?

I weep.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    I for one do not want to f'ing party with that guy on the cover

I might party with Shia, he's bound to have good looking women hanging around right? and it's a party so you wouldn't have to talk to him for very long. "What was it like working on disturbia?"........"ok great well I'm going to go get a drink, talk to you later"
  • Options
    Fine. I'll give you that he didn't destroy Transformers all by himself. Let's not lose sight of the big picture here...it bugs me that comic stores are more interested in carrying something like this...nay, are excited about it...while indie books still struggle to get any shelf space at all. Normally I'd be the one playing devil's advocate and say "Wait until you see it before you pass judgement" but this whole thing just smells wrong in a Ralph Dibney/Wolverine sorta way...
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited March 2012
    @Torchsong, I think various writers, directors & producers are for more to blame for unsatisfactory films than any given actor (except Andie McDowell... don't get me started ;) ).

I've gotta admit, though, those graphic novels look pretty grisly.
  • Options
    Fine. I'll give you that he didn't destroy Transformers all by himself. Let's not lose sight of the big picture here...it bugs me that comic stores are more interested in carrying something like this...nay, are excited about it...while indie books still struggle to get any shelf space at all. Normally I'd be the one playing devil's advocate and say "Wait until you see it before you pass judgement" but this whole thing just smells wrong in a Ralph Dibney/Wolverine sorta way...
    It's all gone sour.
  • Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    If this is the case, maybe I have a future in comics. I just need to star in a few multi-million dollar movies first.
  • Options
    And I really don't have a problem with so-called "Vanity" projects where celebs step outside their show and do other things. Umbrella Academy was a great series. This just smacks of something different for me.

I may be wrong about it. I don't think I am, though...I think I was more turned off by the LCS's excitedly promoting it. "Coming soon we've got exciting new graphic novels from Transformers star Shia LaBeouf! Pre-order yours now because they're going to go fast!"
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Don't worry...
    Apparently he got his ass kicked in a bar fight while he was here in Vancouver.
    And surprisingly, it had nothing to do with Transformers (or hockey).
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    I saw the video of him getting beat down and it was great, also you forgot Wallstreet. This kind of thing really is pathetic. There are so many seriously talented people out there busting their asses to just get a chance at a chance, and the celebtard worship is what our society values. Low expectations, a complete lack of celebrating intelligence and achievement, and zero valuation and education in the arts equals this.
  • Options
    I saw the video of him getting beat down and it was great, also you forgot Wallstreet. This kind of thing really is pathetic. There are so many seriously talented people out there busting their asses to just get a chance at a chance, and the celebtard worship is what our society values. Low expectations, a complete lack of celebrating intelligence and achievement, and zero valuation and education in the arts equals this.
    Sorry, I was distracted from your good points by the pretty people and explosions.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Shia, ruin Transformers! No! No! Nonononononononononononono no! :D

Eh, he'll always be Louis from Even Stevens to me.
  • Options
    I love the "dislike"... yes, this is definitely what should get published I must be crazy...
  • Options
    I put a "Like" up there to counter them
  • Options
    I love the "dislike"... yes, this is definitely what should get published I must be crazy...
    In the valley of the sane, It's the insane man who's king.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    The only thing I have seen Shia in that I thought he did a good job was "Even Stevens". Surprised no one has mentioned his "great" work in the Constantine movie.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Really, single highhandedly ruined Transformers? Come on now, Megan Fox was in it, Michale Bay directed it, and the writers clearly did not do their research on the line. I actually think Shia was one of the very few things that weren't 100% garbage about the movie. Don't get me wrong he wasn't wonderful but when looking at all the other factors it's hard to say he was the sole reason why the movie was ruined.
    Can't we all agree that "Go Bots legend of the Rock Lords" was a better movie than all three of the live action Transformer films?

• Options
    Surprised no one has mentioned his "great" work in the Constantine movie.
    I didn't mind him as 'Chas' in the Constantine movie. I thought that movie was good anyway.

I'm not really bothered about the recent TF movies myself (it's the '86 movie or nothing) or anything else he was in but the directors, writers and produces hold the lion's share of the blame. Shia's not big enough to tell studios what to do.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen any interior art to his OGNs? Because the covers look like a whole pile of suck. Sorry to be a hater but...
  • Options
    Man this just gets better, now I am being "flagged" hahaha... OK.

Here is some interior art, yes, I am definitely wrong. FFS.:

http://shiantology.com/page/2/
    http://www.thecampaignbook.com/shop/letsfuckingparty.html
    http://www.thecampaignbook.com/shop/cyclical.html
  • Options
    Nice! That means my own book can be made... the Adventures of Stick-Man and Elf!

Jumping from my old school desks to a comic book soon!
  • Options
    Man this just gets better, now I am being "flagged" hahaha... OK.

Here is some interior art, yes, I am definitely wrong. FFS.:

http://shiantology.com/page/2/
    http://www.thecampaignbook.com/shop/letsfuckingparty.html
    http://www.thecampaignbook.com/shop/cyclical.html
    wow... that's just.... wow....

I made a sarcastic comment earlier in this thread about how I could make a comic book, I just need to star in some multi-million dollar movies first, but I think it's not a joke. I've always wished I could create something, but other than some half-formed ideas that would not come anywhere close to what they are in my head if I could put them on paper, I always thought I had nothing. But compared to that? I'm Alan Moore compared to that (but without the beard or curmudgeonliness). I'm Jack Kirby, Grant Morrison, Jim Lee, Alex Ross, Garth Ennis, Jeff Smith or whoever floats your own personal boat.

For the record, I only clicked on the letsfuckingparty link and didn't get very far before my eyes fell out of their socket, so if the rest is brilliant, my apologies. "An illustrated journey into my thoughts." Really? I wouldn't admit that if I was you, Shia. I wouldn't want to admit that there's nothing there.

Of course, he's the one with the millions of dollars so maybe he is smarter than me.....

(and for the record, he's actually been in a few movies that I like, even if I can't personally stand him. I'll admit that I liked the TF movies. I liked Disturbia, but I liked it in spite of him, not because of him.)
  • Options
    What has probably happened is someone has walked up to him and asked him to write and draw a comic (just like they walked up to Paris Hilton and asked her to record an album) because I can't think of anyone who actually reads comics who would think that production quality would work. He is a 'hot' property in Hollywood at the moment and so someone will buy them. I hope that the wider community will not look at this work and assume that all comics are stupid and not worth reading.
  • Options
    JimKellyJimKelly Posts: 20
    O dear. Those are...interesting. He does a better job in this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s
  • Options
    Now he's a cannibal murderer!!

• Options
    In his defense - Shia rented a booth at C2E2 and when asked about it said words to the effect that yes he knows his celeb status makes him suspect but that to make it the world of comics it was important to him to come up through the ranks like anyone else. Yes, people will buy his book because it's him. He's more interested in people buying it because they like the book.

Now, as a cynical comic fan, my knee-jerk is to write that off as lip service. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty sure he could give two tugs, and I can't blame him for that, but good for him realizing what the situation looks like.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Eh. I checked out the pages and while it's not my cup of tea, I can guarantee that it's going to be someone's cup of tea. The dude is self publishing it and trying his hand at making comics. It's not hurting anyone and if people like it, more power to them.
  • Options
    So his Artists Alley table at C2E2 was justified. ;-)