Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Don't expect new Young Justice or GL:TAS after this season

toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=19834
Another sad bungling by Cartoon Network, Mattel and probably several others

Comments

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Sadly, fans of both shows came to this conclusion several months ago. Due to the amount of production time it takes to animate a series, the next season has to be renewed early on in the current season. When the shows hadn't been given the greenlight by the fall, which was about 7 months into the season, we kinda figured CN wasn't bringing it back.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    And with that, CartoonNetwork will be off of our viewing list. My family could care less about Teen Titans Go! as a replacement for the ensemble show and Batman is meh.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Is there a reason why they decided not to renew it? Ratings, or the like?
  • Options
    I'm going to guess that the toys weren't selling. Without the merchandise, the network loses interest in the series.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    The Young Justice toys quickly hit the clearance aisles around here. And I never saw Green Lantern Cartoon toys.
  • Options
    FlagwaverFlagwaver Posts: 140
    edited January 2013
    At $10-$15 for a 4 inch figure, is it any wonder they don't sell? Add to the fact that the selection is usually terrible, what do they expect?
  • Options
    abuddahabuddah Posts: 133
    The Young Justice line was a mess. They did two scales at ridiculously high prices, one around the scale of JLU, the other around a Marvel Legend. The JLU fans weren't up for it as it didn't jive with the Bruce Timm designs of old. The 6" scale was packed with these giant bases that were an unnecessary addition to the cost. As for GL, there were prototypes made, however no retailer was willing to carry them as they already had a glut of GL movie merchandise haunting their aisles.
  • Options
    Wow. Terribles news. This season of YJ was turning out to be my favorite DC animated stuff ever, even as good as BTAS. I am going to miss it.