Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1332 Talkback: Marvel Now Round Nine - Savage Wolverine, Uncanny X-Force and Young Avengers

Our Marvel Now coverage continues with our thoughts on Savage Wolverine #1, Uncanny X-Force #1 and Young Avengers #1. We also get some belated Christmas wishes from our favorite inebriated Avenger. (1:19:07)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    DRUNK CAP! YEAH!
  • Options
    I had a really big problem with the writing on Savage Wolverine 1. I feel like Frank didn't capture Wolverine like I traditionally know him throughout the whole issue. I didn't really love the story as well, as I thought it was just a way to allow Cho to draw what he does best. I think it would read better if it had another writer, because I definitely won't knock Cho's art. Well, to each his own I guess, I'll just wait for the Cornell/Davis Wolverine (DROOLING for Alan Davis Wolverine)
  • Options
    PrilloPrillo Posts: 23
    As I currently am preparing to listen to this episode, I decided to peruse the forums and noticed that there was no thread about what a listener of CGS would like to listen to you guys talk about. Now I am a bit new to here but I have drunk heavily of the mead that is your episodes and footnotes. I noticed it appears that there has been no hard relook of the Fantastic Four since somewhere in the first 200 episodes. I was enthralled with your series of episodes on Spiderman and after listening to your Secret Wars footnotes episodes I wanted more FF thoughts from you guys. I am enjoying what you guys are doing. This comic geek feels like he has found a home. Well the podcast is waiting. Keep up the great work.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Savage Wolverine: Wha--?!? Matt gave it a BUY? Awesome! Yeah, I noticed that Man-Thing likeness on the island, too! It's a BUY for me, too!
    Uncanny X-Force: Well, I liked it a LOT better than Cable and X-Force, but I wonder what will be the difference between this one and X-Men 1. Like Pants, I loved the artwork. BUY!
    Young Avengers: I thought the issue overall was so-so. The art: so-so. There were some good moments, but I miss Jim Cheung art on the Young Avengers. And where did Speed go? Like Jamie I didn't like the added characters. I also didn't like the two-page credits. I prefer substance over style. Heh-heh...BORROW!
    DRUNK CAP! YAY! Have a happy 1943!!
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    Prillo said:

As I currently am preparing to listen to this episode, I decided to peruse the forums and noticed that there was no thread about what a listener of CGS would like to listen to you guys talk about. Now I am a bit new to here but I have drunk heavily of the mead that is your episodes and footnotes. I noticed it appears that there has been no hard relook of the Fantastic Four since somewhere in the first 200 episodes. I was enthralled with your series of episodes on Spiderman and after listening to your Secret Wars footnotes episodes I wanted more FF thoughts from you guys. I am enjoying what you guys are doing. This comic geek feels like he has found a home. Well the podcast is waiting. Keep up the great work.

I love this idea, maybe after the spotlights on Avengers and X-men we are currently working on a Spotlight on FF may be in order
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    JamieD said:

I love this idea, maybe after the spotlights on Avengers and X-men we are currently working on a Spotlight on FF may be in order

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    edited February 2013
    I really like Young Avengers, it's about time they were brought into the Marvel U on a regular basis.

Uncanny X-Force- I can't wait to find out what happened between Fantomex and Psylocke . They were a couple at the end of the previous series (maybe that's why she's in such a foul mood). And Bishop was stranded in time way in the future at when the Earth was ending.

Oh and let's not forget Spiral had a lot to do with Psylocke's body switch with Revanche.
  • Options
    sandmansandman Posts: 199
    I've liked Dan Slott's run with Spider-Man. I've been enjoying his stories, and I think the only bad thing I would say about Amazing 700 and Superior #1 is that I wish he would have slowed down in going from one chapter of the story to the next.

With the last arc of Amazing Spider-Man I wish that Peter wouldn't have "died" there. Peter could have regenerated Ock's body some how, or transferred himself into a robot Ock body or something like it that he mentioned in the inventory of his situation. Then you could have had stories with Peter trapped in Ock's body having to scheme to capture Spider-Man to try and put things back again. I think that role reversal could have made for good stories and you could have played with for a couple of years, then have the eventual death.

And with Superior I don't think they should have had the reveal in the first issue. Instead of showing Octavious doing something involuntarily and revealing that Peter is behind it, you could have played it like Octavious didn't know why he was sticking his neck out for people, why he was taking some lumps for others. This was another thing that could have waited for a year or two before revealing what was happening.

I like what I've been reading. And if my biggest complaint is that I wish they would have given me more of it, then that's pretty good.