Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Animated DC Movie parts one and two

Is there any chance that there will be a pod cast to review this fantastic animated movie? I loved the film and have to wonder if the guys behind CGS podcast know of it's importance to fans all over the world. I would like to hear their comments on the movie. What do they think could have made it better or if at all they thought it was a good film?

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    All good things come to those that wait. Timeliness will be delayed a bit, but it'll come.

M
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    rrobot34 said:

Is there any chance that there will be a pod cast to review this fantastic animated movie? I loved the film and have to wonder if the guys behind CGS podcast know of it's importance to fans all over the world. I would like to hear their comments on the movie. What do they think could have made it better or if at all they thought it was a good film?

Im sure they are aware of it. I just watched part 1 and really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Seen both parts now and was amazed at how good it was. I wish they would make an animated version of Dark Knight Strikes Again. But it would only sell 2 copies.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    I wish they had done the Doomsday movie like this. Did not like that one. Too many changes, too rushed
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Matt said:

All good things come to those that wait. Timeliness will be delayed a bit, but it'll come.

M

I'm surprised you guys are going to. That's awesome.
  • Options

Matt said:

M

Why the surprise?

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Matt said:

M

Why the surprise?

M
    I don't remember you guys going in-depth on the animated features.

I could be wrong though.

Checking on Itunes, you at least did an episode which included JL:Doom. So hey, looks like I am. I'm glad to have been so.
  • Options
    I think its going to vary. I believe there was a brief discussion on Year One, possibly Public Enemies & Crisis on Two Earths. Beyond that, I don't think there's been much interest in the majority of the others, such as Superman: Elite.

These 2 movies are based on a series too important to not do. Good excuse to cover a book CGS has stayed away from for years...right?!

M
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    Count me as someone who is glad you guy are gonna do a review of these movies.

To me this has been most enjoyable animated movie DC has done yet. I love how closely the movie followed the comic. The only quibble is I wished they included the internal dialogue. Now if only DC would do the same for COIE.
  • Options
    Webhead said:

Count me as someone who is glad you guy are gonna do a review of these movies.

To me this has been most enjoyable animated movie DC has done yet. I love how closely the movie followed the comic. The only quibble is I wished they included the internal dialogue. Now if only DC would do the same for COIE.

This movie is in my top three, along with Crisis on Two Earths and Under the Red Hood.
  • Options
    I still hold New Frontiers as the best DCU animation done to date, though I have still to see The Dark Knight Returns.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    New Frontier, Crisis on Two Earths, and Wonder Woman are my top three (though maybe not in that order... I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Wonder Woman). Looking forward to watching these eventually, though I plan on re-reading the book first. And I kinda want to catch up on some of the ones I've missed first, too. Just watched Batman: Year One on Netflix Instant the other day, and have Justice League: Doom and Superman Vs. the Elite in my queue.
  • Options
    I still believe Under the Red Hood was the best one of them all. If only because people I know who LOATHE animated movies...LOVE that one!