Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    As always I have no plan regarding which single issues grab my interest - I will listen to what the internet recommends and get the occassional issue the digital way.

That HARLAN ELLISON’S® 7 AGAINST CHAOS HC looks tempting however.
    The BEFORE WATCHMEN HCs are very tempting.
    ANIMAL MAN OMNIBUS HC = me want, me want, me want.......
    (note to self - buy lottery ticket)
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Glad to see that even though Superman Family Adventures was cancelled that DC is still going to put out trades. I'll definitely be ordering this one.
  • Options
    Looks like all the Green Lantern creative teams are leaving their books, will be interesting to see who takes over.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    I will wait for the before watchmen trades in paperback.

The ones I am getting are:

Batgirl/Robin year 1
    Cat woman vol 2
    Crisis on multiple earths vol 6
    Superman Family vol 1
    Preacher vol 1
  • Options
    The wake looks really interesting. I'm curious to see the Murphy art and with Snyder writing the story can't be bad.
  • Options
    The Crisis On Multiple Earths trade is the one I'm most interested in. I was taken aback when my vendor informed me that the previous listing had been cancelled; I see now that it's been resolicited. I note that the new solicitation mentions the JLA/JSA crossover with All-Star Squadron; I had wondered about that when the previous listing omitted it.
  • Options
    I cant wait for a non-Johns Green Lantern book. What I used to love about GL was the Sci-Fi galaxy-spanning awesomeness of all the alien lifeforms. For the last few years GL has been nothing but a soap opera of internal Green Lantern machinations.

I'll be getting THE WAKE #1
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Other than the usual suspects, the only things that I see wanting are the Batgirl/Robin Year 1 book and (if I can donate a third kidney) that Bombsell Supergirl statue.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Batgirl / Robin Year One is a really good idea, but I already own the Batgirl Year One collection and don't want to double dip just for the Robin series.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801

Batgirl / Robin Year One is a really good idea, but I already own the Batgirl Year One collection and don't want to double dip just for the Robin series.

Chuckles, I don't have the Batgirl Year One miniseries but own the Robin miniseries instead.

Matthew

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2013
    Even unconscious, Catwoman finds the strength to unzip her outfit. No doubt an attempt to distract Shaggy.

just freakin rediculous
  • Options
    rebis said:

Even unconscious, Catwoman finds the strength to unzip her outfit. No doubt an attempt to distract Shaggy.

just freakin rediculous

Indeed. Judging by the placement of the ring, she’s unzipped almost to her navel. Hawkman's head seems to have disappeared, too. Or is that it sitting where his right shoulder should be, colored the same as Shaggy Man?
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Other than the usual suspects, the only things that I see wanting are the Batgirl/Robin Year 1 book and (if I can donate a third kidney) that Bombsell Supergirl statue.

That Batgirl Year 1 story is amazingly fun, and has awesome Marcos Martin art.. such a buy if you dont have the issues.

• Options

Torchsong said:

That Batgirl Year 1 story is amazingly fun, and has awesome Marcos Martin art.. such a buy if you dont have the issues.

Quoted for truth! Martin should have won the Eisner for Best Cover Artist for that series, but he wasn’t even nominated—such a shame.
  • Options
    Never read either of the books (Batgirl/Robin) so it's definitely a trade I'll want.

As to the image, my guess is, as Catwoman fell to the ground she heard preliminary sales figures were not good on the book, so she's doing what she can to help boost attention. :)
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I can only hope that when I'm knocked unconscious, my pants unzip as much as Catwoman's.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Never read either of the books (Batgirl/Robin) so it's definitely a trade I'll want.

I've already got the original individual trades of these two series, so it's not going on my list. But I will agree with and echo the accolades: if you don't have them, then they are definitely worth the getting, and a two-fer is a good way to go.
  • Options

I can only hope that when I'm knocked unconscious, my pants unzip as much as Catwoman's.

Her pants are unzipped too!?!?
  • Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    It looks like I'm down to two single DC issues now. Green Arrow and Dial H. The Red Hood TP vol 2 and the Annual will be in my order. The Wake seems interesting but I'll probably wait for a trade if I hear good things.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited February 2013
    After seeing the Marvel solicits, I'm at I point where I may be ready to drop the $2.99 books, I've just had it with the double shipping and I know that it is never going to go away.

DC
    Earth 2 #12
    Earth 2 Annual #1
    Worlds' Finest #12
    Ame-Comi Girls #3
    He-Man #2
    MotU Origins:Hordak

Marvel
    Fearless Defenders #4AU (If Bunn wasn't writing this would be a no)
    Avengers #11 &12 (hate to say it, but maybe)
    Deadpool #9 & 10 (maybe)
    Indestrutible Hulk #7 & 8 (If Walt wasn't doing the art, I wouldn't be getting these)
    FF #7 & 8 (mmm..maybe)
    Fantastic Four #8
    Fearless Defenders #4
    Avengers: The Enemy Within #1 (I take it this will replace Captain Marvel for a while?)
    Hawkeye #11
    X-Men #2

• Options
    I thought Marvel was done with the Premiere HCs? I don't want the X-Force one they're touting but I thought they were done with that particular brand?
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    10th Anniversary Edition of 1602? Wow, time flies.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

I thought Marvel was done with the Premiere HCs? I don't want the X-Force one they're touting but I thought they were done with that particular brand?

I thought that as well Torchsong.

Matthew
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Re: Image

Bummer that it is a skip month for Saga and Fatale.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    All New Secret Skullkickers #1 =D>
    Revival #10

IDW
    Dungeons & Dragons: Cutter #2
    Transformers Spotlight: Hoist
    Transformers: Robots in Disguise #17
    Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #17
    Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters #1—SPOTLIGHT
    Transformers Prime: Beast Hunters #1
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #7
  • Options
    David_D said:

No Fatale AND Saga aww crap!!! Still no news on a new issue of Usagi Yojimbo in over a year over at Dark Horse. Looks like I will be buying trades of Usagi Yojimbo from Dark Horse to fill my indie void.

Thanks for filling in the Previews info on IDW & Image. It is appreciated greatly.

Matthew
  • Options
    mguy1977 said:

David_D said:

No Fatale AND Saga aww crap!!! Still no news on a new issue of Usagi Yojimbo in over a year over at Dark Horse. Looks like I will be buying trades of Usagi Yojimbo from Dark Horse to fill my indie void.

Thanks for filling in the Previews info on IDW & Image. It is appreciated greatly.

Matthew
    Stan put Usagi on hiatus while he’s been working on the 47 Ronin mini-series. He’s nearly finished with it, so Usagi will back back on the schedule in a few months.
  • Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    IDW with another great Artist Edition that I'll be grabbing. I'm really getting into pre code horror lately so this should be a gem!
  • Options
    Dark Horse
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43658

What grabs your interest?

Well the 47 Ronin miniseries is still ongoing so I will be getting Usagi trades in May.

Matthew