Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1333 Talkback: Comic Talk

We hear from JK Woodward about the art auction to raise money to help pay for Peter David's medical bills and then jump into talk on Geoff Johns leaving Green Lantern, DC's recently announced cancellations and new titles, the upcoming Batman TV series toys, the mid-season premiere of The Walking Dead and more. (1:02:55)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Finally! Thank you @JamieD for someone finally giving the RotWorld storyline some of the attention it deserves! This has been a great storyline and I can't wait for issues 18 of each to wrap it up. My only qualm with it, and that is an understatement, is the art of Swamp Thing 17. It totally took me out of the whole storyline and left me a little disappointed. The story was still strong, but the art style was totally wrong. A massive massive shame.

I agree that Animal Man has been better of late. I think they have see-sawed somewhat as Swamp Thing started off much the stronger for me. I'm just glad someone else is enjoying it!!!

Also loving Arrow as you guys are. Great great stuff!
  • Options
    Count me in for some Rotworld lovin' as well. Really enjoying Animal Man, Swamp Thing less so. Didn't realise it was ending in issue 18. Thought it was year long story.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    edited February 2013
    After 7 issues of Swamp Thing it got cut along w/ Batgirl, DCU Presents & Catwoman. I preferred Alan Moore's Swamp Thing run instead. I just want to read what I like no matter how large the big 2 spin is. I moved to trying Image -- Fatale & Saga being the comic highlights of last year following the dimming of the DC new 52 glow.

Matthew
  • Options
    abuddahabuddah Posts: 133
    Mattel's 60's Batman toys are not exclusives. Amazon and TRU will get them FIRST, but then they will be available everywhere.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I will definitely be buying an Adam West Batman figure, and probably a Riddler, but it'll be hard to resist getting the entire line.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    A "RotWorld" collection would be nice as I haven't read the singles past #4s.
  • Options
    You should follow up with your order on the Amethyst Showcase, Jamie. I have my copy and I have seen it for sale in several stores.
  • Options

I will definitely be buying an Adam West Batman figure, and probably a Riddler, but it'll be hard to resist getting the entire line.

I haven't bought many toys over the past several years, but these are very tempting. If I see a Julie Newmar Catwoman, I probably won't be able to resist. The Gorshin Riddler is cool as well. Maybe down the line they could package him with his best moll, Jill St. John’s Molly (in Robin costume!). Speaking of two-packs, how about a Victor Buono King Tut with Ziva Rodann Nefertiti? And a Batman with Batusi fingers would make my day.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited February 2013
    Well, I am "that guy" who said Deathstroke's mask was orange and blamed the color lightening on the washed out flashbacks.

There is a great article over at CBR concerning Arrow, Deathstroke, and Slade:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43730

Here is an image of the mask color variations from the article.

Letter "A" is basically white with some gray added while "F" is dark orange. It seems "C" is the color they are using for the show. While it is technically a very light orange I certainly stand corrected as it is more of a white than an orange color.
  • Options

Maybe down the line they could package him with his best moll, Jill St. John’s Molly (in Robin costume!).

It'd be a toss-up between her and Sherry Jackson as Pauline (preferably in her patched dress ragamuffin disguise) in the one where the Riddler was trying to steal the rare silent films.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm surprised we've never seen an action figure of the lovely Ms. Jackson in her overalls-and-nothing-else outfit from the Star Trek episode "What Are Little Girls Made Of?"
    :x
  • Options

You should follow up with your order on the Amethyst Showcase, Jamie. I have my copy and I have seen it for sale in several stores.

Agreed. As you were saying that, I was thinking that I swear I saw it on the shelf right around the same time Sword of Sorcery #0 shipped.
  • Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    edited February 2013
    Great episode as usual, guys.

I guess Rotworld itself has been good/okay, but the lead-up to it was atrociously prolonged and decompressed. I enjoyed the first 6-7 issues of Swamp Thing and Animal Man (especially the latter), but then we had to wade through 6-7 more months of being told "THE ROT IS COMING! THE ROTTT!!! IT'S COMING! ALMOST HERE NOW!" over and over again in both series until the crossover could finally start. Instead of so much wheel-spinning, Rotworld should've started around issues 8 or 9. I dropped Animal Man at the zero issue, and most everything I've heard from other sites has told me that the series hasn't picked up since. (If others are enjoying it, good for you.) Swamp Thing, on the other hand, has improved, especially when Pacquette is on art, and I'm glad I stuck with it. Shame Snyder & co. will be leaving soon. Maybe I'll switch back to Animal Man at that time, though, because I'd much rather read Lemire telling focused stories about the Baker family and homelife, rather than big loud angry events where everything in every issue is billed as the most gruesome, sickening and horrible thing ever. (Yes, we know, the Rot is nasty. Got it.)
  • Options

Maybe down the line they could package him with his best moll, Jill St. John’s Molly (in Robin costume!).

It'd be a toss-up between her and Sherry Jackson as Pauline (preferably in her patched dress ragamuffin disguise) in the one where the Riddler was trying to steal the rare silent films.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm surprised we've never seen an action figure of the lovely Ms. Jackson in her overalls-and-nothing-else outfit from the Star Trek episode "What Are Little Girls Made Of?"
    :x
    I'd forgotten she appeared on Batman. I'll never forget her Star Trek appearance though.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Well, I am "that guy" who said Deathstroke's mask was orange and blamed the color lightening on the washed out flashbacks.

There is a great article over at CBR concerning Arrow, Deathstroke, and Slade:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43730

Here is an image of the mask color variations from the article.

Letter "A" is basically white with some gray added while "F" is dark orange. It seems "C" is the color they are using for the show. While it is technically a very light orange I certainly stand corrected as it is more of a white than an orange color.

Thanks for the info. I knew I wasnt that color blind LOL
  • Options
    My bad, I thought I had orderd that Showcase of Ameythst, but I didnt I just looked over my DCBS orders and I didnt. Mea Culpa on the missinformation.
  • Options
    JamieD said:

My bad, I thought I had orderd that Showcase of Ameythst, but I didnt I just looked over my DCBS orders and I didnt. Mea Culpa on the missinformation.

No big deal, Jamie. You just RUINED EVERYTHING FOREVER is all. ;)

• Options

JamieD said:

I was admitting fault before another poster who will remain balloon less points it out, you know he loves to point out my mistakes :O
  • Options
    JamieD said:

JamieD said:

I was admitting fault before another poster who will remain balloon less points it out, you know he loves to point out my mistakes :O
    =D>
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Well, I can only hope and pray that Mr. David gets better, healthier, and stronger.
    Amusing how Pants got so excited about the 60's Bat-TV toys.
    Walking Dead: I'm still on Season 2 here. That show is awesome. It just makes me tense to watch it...even when I listen to you guys' reviews and sort of know what will happen. I don't like being tense, but the tension is there.