Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

20 Year High

Comments

• Options
    It IS good news....

And for unit sales, they are down per comic, but WAY up across the board. The "long tail" is pretty strong, with a comic needing to sell over 4000 copies to be in the top 300. I remember in the late 90's/early 2000's a comic selling 700 copies could be in the top 300, so there is a lot of DEEP strength in comics, and fans have more diversified interests.

I wish we could get sales on more books over 100k, just because when there is a big event people like, it raises sales for everyone...but those Walking Dead Trade sales are probably helping a lot of comic shops be more profitable.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Good news I suppose, but its a record for money.... not necessarily sales. If there are more books that cost $3.99 than ever before it could be skewing things.

I'm sure Walking Dead is doing well for itself, but the article doesn't really offer a lot of information. Just says he's sure the TV show is a major factor in increased comic sales. I would disagree. Strongly. I watch the TV show, and know a lot of people who do. I can also almost be 100% certain I'm the only person I know who has read a Walking Dead Comic, and that was volume one of the massive collection (first 50 comics I think).
  • Options
    I can tell you the show got me to pick up Compendium One of The Walking Dead and I'm going to pick up Compendium Two very soon. I would had to side with him,I feel the show really helped the comic.

Regardless,this is good news because it means comics will be around for quite some time to come. People like money and won't just toss something away if it's making them some.