Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Is There Something More To the Spoiler for Batman Inc #8?

After it appears here at the New York Post, DC then links to that article.

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Hoping it isn't true. I've actually grown to like the little turd.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Same here, didn't care for the runt at all but that's all changed now.
  • Options
    UrbalcloudUrbalcloud Posts: 42
    edited February 2013
    Honestly, I'm so glad Alfred survived Snyder's latest, I'm almost okay with this. But yeah, gotta agree, the little guy had grown on me...
  • Options
    IF BATCOW DIES, WE RIOT!!!
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803

IF BATCOW DIES, WE RIOT!!!

And when are we getting that Batcow/Ace/Alfred the Cat team-up book, anyway?
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Thank you, NY Post. This was huge news that I needed to know, right now.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980

Planeis said:

To me this just shows DCs desperation for buzz. Everything with the New 52 seems designed for buzz and sales, not good storytelling.

I don't agree...Morrison has said in many interviews that he believes in putting all of the toys back where he got them when he finishes up a book. And if you read his Batman run carefully, you knew this was where he was headed.

The other stuff...well, my feelings on Bob Harris's editorial reign is well known on this forum.
    i dont understand what you mean. How is this putting the toys back where he got them?
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Planeis said:

Planeis said:

To me this just shows DCs desperation for buzz. Everything with the New 52 seems designed for buzz and sales, not good storytelling.

I don't agree...Morrison has said in many interviews that he believes in putting all of the toys back where he got them when he finishes up a book. And if you read his Batman run carefully, you knew this was where he was headed.

The other stuff...well, my feelings on Bob Harris's editorial reign is well known on this forum.
    i dont understand what you mean. How is this putting the toys back where he got them?
    Probably that he "pulled" Damien out and will put him away so other writers aren't left with dealing with the character. Of course, that could also be a "I'm taking my ball & going home" philosophy.

M
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Matt said:

Planeis said:

Planeis said:

Probably that he "pulled" Damien out and will put him away so other writers aren't left with dealing with the character. Of course, that could also be a "I'm taking my ball & going home" philosophy.

M
    Anyone else wonder, if this is true, why it didn't happen at the end of Death of the Family? I mean, I know it's his thing or whatever (although not really) but c'mon... Major crossover, Joker, Death in the title, history and all that jazz...

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Planeis said:

Matt said:

Planeis said:

Planeis said:

M
    Anyone else wonder, if this is true, why it didn't happen at the end of Death of the Family? I mean, I know it's his thing or whatever (although not really) but c'mon... Major crossover, Joker, Death in the title, history and all that jazz...

I can't say about any particulars since I'm not reading any Batman books, but doesn't Morrison normally build to something like this? Wasn't Batman, Inc essentially created to combat Leviathan (which is run by Talia)? Couldn't this be a reflection of two feuding "divorced" parents, where the child(ren) suffer the most?

M
  • Options
    Planeis said:

Matt said:

Planeis said:

Planeis said:

M

I think it didn't happen during Death Of The Family because the Batman Inc book is pretty much divorced from the rest of the Bat-books. It's continuity ties have been pretty lax. It's not exactly cut off from them, but it hasn't really participated in any of the crossovers either. Morrison has been writing his own Batman story without worrying overmuch about what's going on elsewhere; their handling of Damian pretty much hinges on his writing, and if he decides to kill off or retire the character, they'll be following his lead.
  • Options
    I have no idea whats going on but it sounds a lot like I should be reading Batman Inc!