Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Art Thibert's Chrono Mechanics on Kickstarter.

Hey everyone. Art Thibert has a Kickstarter campaign for his Sci-fi humor series "Chrono Mechanics" Check out the page at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1461073089/chrono-mechanics-potholes-in-the-cosmic-road?ref=home_location and here's some of the art from the book to wet your appetite.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

• Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    Wow that's really busy art. Hard for my eyes to focus on anything. But maybe it's just me.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Agreed - it's way too busy. And maybe not everyone will get the "Rivera" joke.
  • Options
    The book is a bit dated. It was originally published back in 2004.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    TreverC said:

The book is a bit dated. It was originally published back in 2004.

Oh - that explains it. Thanks m8.

• Options
    Update on the Chrono Kickstarter. 16 days left and it's a little over half way funded.

There are a few incentives that some might find appealing to try to get to the goal. There is a sculpted variant cover, a Doug Maquette designed by Oscar nominated special effects artist Mike Smithson, and you can get a whole page dedicated to you where Art with draw you in the Chrono style.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...he-cosmic-road
  • Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    I backed this after hearing an interview with Art. Seems like a lot of fun. I really hope it funds!
  • Options
    TreverCTreverC Posts: 9
    HAPPY CREATOR OWNED DAY!!

Here are some new updates from Art Thibert's creator owned Chrono Mechanics Kickstarter Page.

Good News! I've decided to put in the sketch section, 'Under Construction,' now rather than wait. It's too cool to pass up! 'Under Construction' is my way of thanking everyone who has supported this project. Without you we would not have gotten this far; so I wanted to give something back to you FREE! Now with every 'Potholes in the Cosmic Road' book there will be an 11-page sketch section. 'Under Construction' is never before seen sketches, doodles, early developmental concepts and even a painting or two! This brings the page count in the book up to 138 awesome pages! Enjoy!

And here is a new incentive/add on
  • Options
    TreverCTreverC Posts: 9
    Hey everyone. Art is going to be on reddit tomorrow from 12:00 to 1:00 in the afternoon. He's never done one before and he's wants to do this as a way to pump people up about the Chrono Kickstarter and to touch base with anyone who whats to ask him about the industry, his carrer, or anything else, including his experience with kickstarter so far.
  • Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    I will be at work but I hope the reddit interview helps. Sadly, it isn't looking good right now for funding. I was really looking forward to this.
  • Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    Wow... That's far from the Art Thibert art that I know (way, WAY back when he was aping Jim Lee) Anyway, it looks nice, but I agree with too busy. Lessee, Kickstarter...