Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Batman vol. 1 The Court Of Owls

I just got this & during the Labyrinth portion some of the pages are upside down & sideways. & I was just wondering is that just part of the story because of what's happening there? Or do I need to contact someone about getting a different copy?

Comments

• Options
    That was part of the story. Designed I think to disorientate you in the same way Batman is. I thought it was a pretty cool device.
  • Options
    dbmdbm Posts: 1
    If I remember correctly, Snyder and Capullo had to fight DC to allow them to do that. I thought it was a very effective device. It makes sense when you read it; I can see the confusion if just flipping through (although it would be strange to have pages accidentally printed sideways (with proper formatting), no?)
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    It's part of the story and it's what hooked me on sticking with Snyder and Capullo. For all that we gripe about DC and the New52 not doing anything innovative or groundbreaking, this stands as a really cool exception to the rule.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433

That was part of the story. Designed I think to disorientate you in the same way Batman is. I thought it was a pretty cool device.

dbm said:

If I remember correctly, Snyder and Capullo had to fight DC to allow them to do that. I thought it was a very effective device. It makes sense when you read it; I can see the confusion if just flipping through (although it would be strange to have pages accidentally printed sideways (with proper formatting), no?)

Torchsong said:

It's part of the story and it's what hooked me on sticking with Snyder and Capullo. For all that we gripe about DC and the New52 not doing anything innovative or groundbreaking, this stands as a really cool exception to the rule.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was just wondering if it was random or not but now knowing that's what they where going for makes it very cool.
  • Options
    I don't recall it working so well on my comixology copy though.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited March 2013

I don't recall it working so well on my comixology copy though.

on my tablet it did work just fine - did you turn off auto-rotate?