Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Has Winter Soldier been cancelled?

I thought I had heard it was - but googled and didn't see anything?

e
L nny

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    I read the 1st Latour issue - I thought it was ok, but not great and was planning to drop the book. But to the extent it is cancelled, I'd probably buy the handful of issues Latour is doing to have a complete collection. But if it's not cancelled, I'm probably done - thanks.

e
    L nny
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    ctowner1 said:

I read the 1st Latour issue - I thought it was ok, but not great and was planning to drop the book. But to the extent it is cancelled, I'd probably buy the handful of issues Latour is doing to have a complete collection. But if it's not cancelled, I'm probably done - thanks.

e
    L nny

i'm glad i'm not the only goofy one that does that.
  • Options
    random73 said:

ctowner1 said:

e
    L nny

i'm glad i'm not the only goofy one that does that.
    hey, we share the same addiction, brother! lol

e
    L nny
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Huh. I actually thought you were asking about the second Cap movie and I was all :-S
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    It was solicited in the newest Previews, so I'd say... no, it hasn't been cancelled.
  • Options

It was solicited in the newest Previews, so I'd say... no, it hasn't been cancelled.

Well, as of the April issue, at least! :^)

e
    L nny
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    As far as I'm concerned it was canceled when Bru left.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

did you try the first Latour issue? and if not, why not?

e
    L nny
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    ctowner1 said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

did you try the first Latour issue? and if not, why not?

e
    L nny
    Budget...had to cut something...and, well, Brubaker left.

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I know Jason, and he’s still working on scripts, so I would say it won’t be cancelled anytime soon.
  • Options
    Nothing against Jason, but I just dropped it too. The first of his issues just didn't grab me enough. But it takes a lot these days. I'd have kept going to give it a chance, but budget helped make the decision.
  • Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    I've grown to like the character, and I really want to support this and hope that it's good. But knowing that The team I love isn't doing the book...I dunno. It doesn't help that I'm trying to cut back on stuff too...
  • Options
    Bucky Barnes has always been my favorite Marvel character. I've been collecting since 1974, and watched him on the old Cap cartoon show of the 60's. I was obsessed with somehow bringing him back from the dead for decades. Heck, when Cable first appeared, I thought he might be Bucky (I know it's silly, but with his military training, older age, etc. I thought I was on to something...well at least I got the robotic arm right). I was so thrilled when Brubaker and Epting (ah, Epting!) brought him back. I liked Jason's first issue a lot, but even if I didn't - I love Bucky!
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    I'd be surprised if it lasted much longer. I think sales even under Brubaker weren't terribly strong, and I'm not sure how the title fits in with all of Marvel's new plans.

I really enjoyed the first few issues, but somehow drifted away from it.
  • Options
    chrisw said:

I'd be surprised if it lasted much longer. I think sales even under Brubaker weren't terribly strong, and I'm not sure how the title fits in with all of Marvel's new plans.

Given that Winter Soldier is in the title of the next Cap movie, I imagine it will last at least through the movie's run and DVD release.

And regardless of sales, Brubaker's Winter Soldier was better than his Captain America post-Bucky.
  • Options

And regardless of sales, Brubaker's Winter Soldier was better than his Captain America post-Bucky.

That's very true. It was quite puzzling - kind of like Winter Solider became his main title and Cap was a second thought.

e
    L nny

• Options
    ctowner1 said:

That's very true. It was quite puzzling - kind of like Winter Solider became his main title and Cap was a second thought.

e
    L nny

It’s quite understandable really. While Brubaker didn’t create Bucky, and Bucky’s personality was somewhat established in The Invaders, Brubaker was able to make Bucky “his” character in a way that just wasn’t possible with Cap. It’s natural that Brubaker would feel more of a personal investment in Bucky.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792

chrisw said:

Given that Winter Soldier is in the title of the next Cap movie, I imagine it will last at least through the movie's run and DVD release.

That would make sense, though that's still a ways off. I could just as easily see them relaunching it with a new number one around that time, also.
  • Options
    chrisw said:

chrisw said:

That would make sense, though that's still a ways off. I could just as easily see them relaunching it with a new number one around that time, also.
    Maybe, but lately Marvel’s strategy is to flood the market with trades and hardcovers of the characters the month a movie comes out. Look at all the Iron Man crap in Previews for the Iron Man 3 release. If they keep that marketing strategy, they’ll want as much Winter Soldier material in print as possible.