Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What's your favorite Super Hero?

2»

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Marvel: Nightcrawler
    DC: Arsenal (I refuse to call him Red Arrow because its a stupid f*&$@*> name)
    Boom: Quibit
    Image: Rex Splode
    IDW: Bode
    Ape: The Black Coat
    Darkhorse: X
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    Pre-nu52 Superman
    Iron Giant ("Soooooperman")
    Blackhawks (the Spiegel/Evanier version)
    Captain Britian
    Blue Beetle (the Ditko/pre-Bwahaha version)
    Firestorm (original Ronny Raymone and Prof)
    Blue Devil (Pre-Neronification)
    The Thing
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

dubbat138 said:

dubbat138 said:

4.Plastic Man- Really love the old Jack Cole stuff.
    5.The Tick-While the cartoon and live action show are great,the comic version is so amazing. I really wish Ben Edlund would come back and do more work on the Tick.

Right there with you on the Jack Cole Plastic Man and The Tick. When the Plastic Man Archives were coming out, I would read them to my kid as bedtime stories, and for a while Plastic Man was his favorite character (Flash and Beast Boy eventually knocked him into third place). And The Tick was one of the main reasons I got back into comics. When I was a freshman in college, I walked past a comic shop and saw a poster for the then-new Dr. Fate series, which was intriguing enough to get me to go in and pick up the first two issues (#2 had just come out). I came back for the third issue and saw the second printings of the first two issues of The Tick. Between the two of them, I became a regular at the shop, and eventually had a pretty big list.

That being said, I can’t narrow it down to one favorite character. There are no characters I love so much that I would buy their book no matter who was producing it. There are characters I prefer over others, of course, but for the most part it just depends on the creative team behind the character. For example, I love the concept behind Metamorpho, and I love the old Bob Haney/Ramona Fradon Metamorpho comics, but the character as he’s been treated the last ten, fifteen years or so doesn’t interest me at all.

If I had to choose, I would probably pick Aquaman, because I’m fascinated with the ocean. As a kid growing up, I wanted to be Jacques Cousteau. And Aquaman at the time was drawn by Jim Aparo, who was my favorite artist back then, so that didn’t hurt. Of course, the Aquaman series I would really like to read would probably be cancelled after six issues. If any of you have heard/read the pitch Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo made for an Aquaman series back in the late ’90s, that’s the version I would love to see. You can read it here if you’re interested. Ironically, Ian Chuchhill’s short-lived Marineman series came fairly close to the Aquaman I want.
    Shit I knew I forgot someone. I also love Metamorpho. Got the DC Showcase presents Metamorpho trade was amazed at the artwork. The Plastic Man Archives are some amazing volumes of comic goodness. I was first exposed to Plastic Man by the Ruby Spears cartoon. And been a fan every since then. I wish they would release the later Plastic Man cartoon that has Plastic baby on dvd.
    There always this.
    Yeah I got all those older DC songs on my mp3 player.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    random73 said:

Image: Rex Splode

Rex Splode!??!?! I used to make movies using that name.
  • Options
    X-O Manowar, because he'a barbarian in fucking alien space armor.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003

X-O Manowar, because he'a barbarian in fucking alien space armor.

So is Superman.

Well... except for the barbarian part.

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Sinestro or Kid Loki.
  • Options
    VKMarionVKMarion Posts: 37
    first and foremost Superman

for marvel it would probably be iron fist