Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Arena Mode Kickstarter almost finished, I strongly encourage everyone to take a look at it

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blake-northcott/arena-mode-a-sci-fi-superhero-novel

Hey. This is NOT my project. But it is a very cool kickstarter in my opinion. Arena Mode is a sci-fi, action adventure book by Blake Northcott. In this world super heros don't display their powers... until a kind of Hunger Games reality television show has them fighting in the Arena.

It interests me because as part of her campaign she has hired several real comic artists to illustrate the main characters of the book. She has previously written a book on the Kindle machine "Vs. Reality".

She has AWESOME rewards on kickstarter. There are 3 days left and I really want her to meet her last stretch goal. check it out.

Comments

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited March 2013
    the last time someone listed $10.00 for international shipping it was for Sullivan's Sluggers.......

...so I will avoid this like the plague [-X
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    ? It's an ebook. You don't need to get anything shipped unless you're pledging at the higher levels
  • Options

the last time someone listed $10.00 for international shipping it was for Sullivan's Sluggers.......

...so I will avoid this like the plague [-X

Leaving Megalopolis also has a $5-$15 premium for going outside the US. Seems pretty common to me...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I didn't back Leaving Megalopolis

:O)
  • Options

I didn't back Leaving Megalopolis

:O)

Ok. Just curious what is appropriate for international shipping.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    All you have to do is to write up the size and weight of the stuff you want to send abroad and ask postal service about the cost - you might even want to include the amount you spend on materials needed to make the package. Doesn't take a scientist to figure it out....

If you notice the folks starting a Kickstarter (or similar) don't know what product(s) they will have in the end and thus don't know what the final costs will be: Don't back that thing!
  • Options

All you have to do is to write up the size and weight of the stuff you want to send abroad and ask postal service about the cost - you might even want to include the amount you spend on materials needed to make the package. Doesn't take a scientist to figure it out....

If you notice the folks starting a Kickstarter (or similar) don't know what product(s) they will have in the end and thus don't know what the final costs will be: Don't back that thing!

If you say so. Like I said, it aint my project and I don't know the person, although I did read her previous ebook. I have sent parcels overseas and the cost was pretty freaking expensive.
  • Options
    After doing a little research into Sullivans, I see why you feel the way you do. I never saw or backed that project, or really heard about it until you said something. But this aint a comic book. Its an ebook that happens to feature some comic art. Not a lot. People backing it get the ebook. No shipping required unless you back at the higher levels where a printed book is a reward.

Anyway, obviously I don't care if you specifically back it or not. I just thought your original comment was curious. No big deal.